McLaren Life banner
1 - 9 of 49 Posts

· Registered
11,182 Posts
Laptimes:

1336 kg without Pirelli Corsa tires 1min 14.118 seconds

1301 kg "Light weight package" With Corsa tires 1min 12.915

The Spider that comes next year is less than 0.5 seconds of pace of the coupe's.

MP4-12C GT : 1min 11.409 seconds

MP4-12C GTR (calculated predictions for the GTR) <1min 09 min seconds.

Where does this information comes from? From a McLaren dealer in London who got the info from Paragon (McLaren) :)

Happy days are here again!:)

Ps!

The GTR could cost 250000 sterling pounds - That's a bargain!:)

-Lukie
Interesting!,however i would take these claims with a pinch of salt,i hope im wrong,but ive been taken round dunsfold by a racing driver (2up,worn tyres) at 1.24,no way could he get round 11 seconds quicker on such a short circuit.Also on the same day i asked chris goodwin about the fact they had beaten the track record.His answer was they had beaten everything with a roof and doors,but not the v8 atom,so a time between 1.16.8 and 1.15.1 which is still unreal for a road car,but 1.12.9 for corsas seems a bit rich

· Registered
11,182 Posts
On the other hand, 458 is at 1:19.1, which is already 5 secs faster.I have no doubt MP4 will be faster than 458. Let's say by 2 secs. Then, the realistic time is 7 sec off of the time you measured. Can you really tell the difference between 7 and 10 secs from your experience? Or do you think Macca will be slower than 458?
Hi kryzs,i think zippycar and i both have no doubt the 12c is well ahead of the 458,so between the bug ss 1.16.7 and 1.15.1 of the atom seems about right with what we know and also with what weve been told,but 1.12.9 with corsas
seems too far even for someone as enthusiastic as me!!!p.s the mags havent got any press cars yet,so no full tests until june at the earliest ,and not published until july or august i think,but i hope they get them sooner

· Registered
11,182 Posts
Hey, I fully agree on what times are reasonable. 1:12.9 sounds like fantasy. My only point was that you cannot judge those issues from demonstration laps you guys got.
Totally agree with you on that,for example if you watch my video you will notice the driver lifts off before the followthrough,all topgear fastlaps they are flatout at this point with no lift,only a few weeks left and we will know,that is if they dont get a wet day

· Registered
11,182 Posts
To say it's "bonkers" it's a bit premature! The Aventador is almost said to be Bugatti performance around Dunsfold ie 1min 16.8 seconds! The Ferrari 458 Scuderia is surely 2 seconds at least faster than the standard car! This years Super Sports tires from Michelen is 1.5 seconds faster than 2010 years tires according to the company! So that would mean that a Ferrari 458 Italia would lap the Dunsfold track in 1min 17.5 seconds instead of 1min 19.1 seconds! And remember the McLaren Mp4-12C has a genius suspension technology combined with the stiff carbon mono cell chassi! Personally i don't doubt the person at McLaren London who said that a showroom MP4-12C would be 2 seconds faster than the Veyron Supersport! The "MAC" is 80 kg lighter than the "Fezza" and it seems to have the latest tire technology aswell so don't be suprised if the "MAC" is that fast! And by the way when Ferrari shows there Scuderia then McLaren shows there GT and GTR versions! Then probably the name 12C could mean 1min 12 seconds;-) Let's hope so

Cheers!
Tag,please tell us your spec,are you having corsa tyres? what delivery date do you have?? ps the kerb weight is a least 150 kg lighter than the 458,depending on spec

· Registered
11,182 Posts
Another thing that puzzles me is the 3 decimal precision on the lap times. That seems a little fussy, even for McLaren!

No offense, TAG, but the whole thing smells a little. However, I will gladly eat those words. :)
agree with that,you have to have a good memory to remember all that information,in what seems a one off conversation.
TAG,i can see you are very enthusiastic with this car,but i did ask about your spec and date,is the dealer using this info to get you to finalize your order?
Because you would think it would have been given to someone who has already paid up,
I will also eat my own words happily,but it would be nice to get to the bottom of it

· Registered
11,182 Posts
The lap time is going to matter a lot. If the time is 1:20, I would hesitate about buying the car. It is supposed to be the ultimate in technology and performance. It cannot be slower than my scud. It has to be significantly faster. We are not buying it for looks.
Dont worry KRZYS its below 1;17.00,we do know that,wonder how fast it went at the ring last week?

1 - 9 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.