101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Not looking good for a true V12 Aventador replacement

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
If Lamborghini loses his NA V12, the number of customers will drop sharply!
Not only this ... Audi does also not make a gen3 R8 anymore which directly effect the replacement of the Huracan if there will be any at all ... all this is not really sounding too nice for the future of Lamborghini sports cars both V12 AND V10 ...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Not only this ... Audi does also not make a gen3 R8 anymore which directly effect the replacement of the Huracan if there will be any at all ... all this is not really sounding too nice for the future of Lamborghini sports cars both V12 AND V10 ...
I was not aware about the situation of the replacement for the Huracan.... This does not bode well.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I don't know about the replacement of the Huracan.... This does not bode well.

Huracan/R8 are the same car ... the whole development was done by Audi ... as Audi stops making an R8 after the current generation, there is basically no middle engine V10 platform for the Huracan replacement left in VWs line up ... either Lamborghini needs to finance the whole development by themselves , which will likely cost a lot and destroy their profits (bad if you wanna spin them off) or they will more or less stay with the current one forever as Audi is out of the non EV Supersportscar market after the current R8 runs out...

That is why they are milking the Aventador and Huracan platforms with always new LEs and versions ... basically they are in a dead end situation... No new V10 or V12 being developed for these niche cars within VW and also not getting new platforms (neither for the v12 nor the v10) that is why they push the replacement back again and again ... 2023-2024 now for the Aventador and 2025 for Huracan replacement is a disaster

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Murc - 9 years
Aven - 8 years
Gallardo - 10 years
Huracan 3 years
URUS plant built and running full speed.
24 hour wins - historical.

Seems all is well but for VAG is looking at options.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Murc - 9 years
Aven - 8 years
Gallardo - 10 years
Huracan 3 years
URUS plant built and running full speed.
24 hour wins - historical.

Seems all is well but for VAG is looking at options.

First the Huracan was shown in q1 2014 in Geneva with first deliveries 2014q2 which make it over 5 years old now approaching its 6th year in Production soon ... 2025 which the article mentions as nearest date for a replacement currently would make it a 11 year production run ...

Second Aventador and Murci are both extremely long in production by todays standards where the normal generation only lasts 5 to 7 years ... Murci was still mostly pre Audi and Lambo had to fight hard to even get the development financed ... technically the Avendator still follows this path but is more integrated into VWs and Audi's general product approach in regards of its main components beside the engine ... by 2024 (the now likely official date of the successor the Aventador would be 13 years in production)

Third the Urus plant is only an assembly plant (the science behind the car is Audi's Q7 Gen2 and related Q8 Program). This plant would produce nothing on its own if it would not get parts which are coming from other Audi and VW plants ... I guess it would be a bit embarrassing if they still make Lamborghinis on Audi Assembly lines in Neckarsulm as they did with the first Gallardos or in Bratislava Slovakia where they build the Q7/Q8 ...

Third both Porsche and Audi won more 24h races than anyone else in history (before VW killed the program for both) ... is it really helping them at all today in any marketing ? see R8 and Audi TT which are running out models no one wants to buy at MSRP anymore and Porsche who now insists on becoming Tesla 2.0 if not worse ...

So as you can maybe see nothing is as good as it maybe look at the moment if you see that VW is no more pushing development of the replacements of the V10 and V12 lines and the URUS is only a offspring of an Audi Sport SUV program (Q8) itself an offspring of the (Q7 and SQ7) likely to suffer from new politics regulations in EU soon ...

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
First the Huracan was shown in q1 2014 in Geneva with first deliveries 2014q2 which make it over 5 years old now approaching its 6th year in Production soon ... 2025 which the article mentions as nearest date for a replacement currently would make it a 11 year production run ...

Second Aventador and Murci are both extremely long in production by todays standards where the normal generation only lasts 5 to 7 years ... Murci was still mostly pre Audi and Lambo had to fight hard to even get the development financed ... technically the Avendator still follows this path but is more integrated into VWs and Audi's general product approach in regards of its main components beside the engine ... by 2024 (the now likely official date of the successor the Aventador would be 13 years in production)

Third the Urus plant is only an assembly plant (the science behind the car is Audi's Q7 Gen2 and related Q8 Program). This plant would produce nothing on its own if it would not get parts which are coming from other Audi and VW plants ... I guess it would be a bit embarrassing if they still make Lamborghinis on Audi Assembly lines in Neckarsulm as they did with the first Gallardos or in Bratislava Slovakia where they build the Q7/Q8 ...

Third both Porsche and Audi won more 24h races than anyone else in history (before VW killed the program for both) ... is it really helping them at all today in any marketing ? see R8 and Audi TT which are running out models no one wants to buy at MSRP anymore and Porsche who now insists on becoming Tesla 2.0 if not worse ...

So as you can maybe see nothing is as good as it maybe look at the moment if you see that VW is no more pushing development of the replacements of the V10 and V12 lines and the URUS is only a offspring of an Audi Sport SUV program (Q8) itself an offspring of the (Q7 and SQ7) likely to suffer from new politics regulations in EU soon ...
Jalopnik article - please go start a thread and stop deteriorating this one with no basis or tether to the thread topic

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Jalopnik article - please go start a thread and stop deteriorating this one with no basis or tether to the thread.

There are many sources about that in German articles as well, its even in the regular news here... also my comment was frist only about the V12s future (which the LP48H is part of) only to go this way after your remarks and Jonathans questions ...

other things I mention are not in any way related to the article but only to the list of things you mentioned before

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
There are many sources about that in German articles as well, its even in the regular news here... also my comment was frist only about the V12s future (which the LP48H is part of) only to go this way after your remarks and Jonathans questions ...

other things I mention are not in any way related to the article but only to the list of things you mentioned before
Sources articles and Jalopnik is your premise - meaningless.

What I showed was a simple age of models that is consistent today.

Your thoughts and articles are unwarranted and does not belong in this thread with the LB48 Sian - if that's your goal begin a thread.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Sources articles and Jalopnik is your premise - meaningless.

What I showed was a simple age of models that is consistent today.

Your thoughts and articles are unwarranted and does not belong in this thread with the LB48 Sian - if that's your goal begin a thread.

Well if you want to make this a pure Sian admiration thread thats also OK with me (maybe could have written it before) ... almost all people I know just see it as expensive restyled LP770 with slight electric update ... However what I don't get is why you care so much about the opinion ppl have of this car on a McLaren Forum. As you are getting one yourself, you can just post about it on the respective Lamborghini Forums, where they will probably just go nuts about the whole process of specing it as reported by an actual owner ... I also don't know about many here, if anyone at all, going to Fchat or Rennlist and telling them there how great their Senna/720s is ...

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Well if you want to make this a pure Sian admiration thread thats also OK with me (maybe could have written it before) ... almost all people I know just see it as expensive restyled LP770 with slight electric update ... However what I don't get is why you care so much about the opinion ppl have of this car on a McLaren Forum. As you are getting one yourself, you can just post about it on the respective Lamborghini Forums, where they will probably just go nuts about the whole process of specing it as reported by an actual owner ... I also don't know about many here, if anyone at all, going to Fchat or Rennlist and telling them there how great their Senna/720s is ...
RL- CGT 918 sec. Senna owners post in that section which is why I returned to learn about Senna.
Ordered - opinions vary as they do on all cars it's fair game.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Lambo is in better shape today than at any point in company history it’s not even close.
You mean Bc they sell a lot of cars ... well GM Ford and Chrysler also sold a lot of cars
RL- CGT 918 sec. Senna owners post in that section which is why I returned to learn about Senna.
Ordered - opinions vary as they do on all cars it's fair game.
btw. I am not a person that would be happy if Lamborghini has this fate of getting caught in this dead end situation development wise, Quiet the opposite as these big bold and maybe even a bit crazy V12 machines would really be missed from the sports car world ... yesterday I was at one of my local dealers who has an SV and SVJ there ... impressive machines, even they are not for me, I still admire them for the radical design ... However what makes me concerned is that VW with Dieselgate and the shift towards EV has axed so many projects (LeMans race teams, Porsche 960, R8 Gen3 etc.) that I think its a realistic fear Lamborghini could suffer a similar fate if developments get pushed backwards and the V12 and V10 which are the very souls of these cars are no more developed in the future.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
You mean Bc they sell a lot of cars ... well GM Ford and Chrysler also sold a lot of cars

btw. I am not a person that would be happy if Lamborghini has this fate of getting caught in this dead end situation development wise, Quiet the opposite as these big bold and maybe even a bit crazy V12 machines would really be missed from the sports car world ... yesterday I was at one of my local dealers who has an SV and SVJ there ... impressive machines, even they are not for me, I still admire them for the radical design ... However what makes me concerned is that VW with Dieselgate and the shift towards EV has axed so many projects (LeMans race teams, Porsche 960, R8 Gen3 etc.) that I think its a realistic fear Lamborghini could suffer a similar fate if developments get pushed backwards and the V12 and V10 which are the very souls of these cars are no more developed in the future.
So based on VAG seeking valuation increase - a visit to the dealer and Jalopnik article.
You fear Lamborghini V12 V10 production ends vs URUS plant building a paint shop to offer more colors of which I can confirm when visiting the factory last week.

Regardless opened a thread regarding VAG.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
So based on VAG seeking valuation increase - a visit to the dealer and Jalopnik article.
You now fear Lamborghini V12 V10 production ends ...

no did not say that. The fear that they will stop this is the same as for Porsche now being all turbos already and soon the 911 getting a hybrid version ... don’t know how often you are in Europe (esp. Germany) but the public opinion regarding VW and especially such developments is very Negative ...VWs new boss is trying to counter this by making the whole VAG an example of green car manufacturer ... developing V12 engines is not what he will prioritize ...

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
no did not say that. The fear that they will stop this is the same as for Porsche now being all turbos already and soon the 911 getting a hybrid version ... don’t know how often you are in Europe (esp. Germany) but the public opinion regarding VW and especially such developments is very Negative ...VWs new boss is trying to counter this by making the whole VAG an example of green car manufacturer ... developing V12 engines is not what he will prioritize ...
VW made 10m+ passenger cars in 2018 - again I don't see how you tether this to Lamborghini reality as today the V12 V10 and URUS V8TT engine are alive and well. The brand is doing exceptionally well and if sales are not an indicator in the auto industry than what is - confused by your premise. Porsche has been turbo as has Mclaren Ferrari and Aston with their 003 004 now using Mercedes turbo engine.

Sian - the only new hybrid that did not add big weight and while some like yourself state it's a body kit over AV - it's fine as the SVJ just went 6:44.

VW Porsche Audi etc major producers and while Lamborghini gets pulled into VAG issues they also get a huge benefit from their resources. Who knows how this unfolds but why would you assume that would stop or ever hurt the brand is beyond me as of today it's the best of the exotic bunch and don't see that changing for many years to come regardless of VAG expectations to reach a higher perceived value. Car industry is interesting but jumping into heavy battery or turbo's with motors is not exotic.

Guessing the future of exotics is expensive - Lamborghini is far better off arriving late IMO than early.

101 - 119 of 119 Posts