Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if it does look like that it bugs me because I think it looks fairly similar to the Lotus concept car a few years ago

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
The suggestions are that lotus purchased a raft of rejected 'designs' from lambo, hence the similarity.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I think it looks very handsome, a junior aventador. I've not seen the vid but where is the rear diffusor?

·
Registered
380 Posts
It is magnificent IMHO. With a lambo V-10 and AWD, that will be quite a package. I drove a Gallardo and it was a real treat. This should be that and then some.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
The new car looks good, but Lamborghini's design group seems to be stuck in a rut. It's like they keep tweaking the same clay mold instead of starting with a fresh lump. Anyway, it is an improvement over the final version of the Gallardo they showed in Paris when the P1 was revealed:

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
914 Posts
love it, I'm buying one...

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I don't think those air vents on top of the dash do it any favours..........seems to mess up an OK interior.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Here is Autocars reveal

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/geneva-motor-show/lamborghini-huracan-revealed-plus-exclusive-studio-picture

It makes 602bhp at 8250rpm and 413lb ft at 6500rpm, up from the 552bhp at 8000rpm and 398lb ft at 6500rpm produced by the Gallardo LP560-4.

Top speed has not been quoted, but Lamborghini 
says it is “over 202mph” —
the claimed top speed of the Gallardo LP560-4. The Huracán can crack 0-62mph in 3.2sec and 0-124mph in 9.9sec, bettering the 0-62mph time of the Gallardo LP560-4 by half a second.

Economy is improved over the automatic version of the Gallardo LP560-4, from 19.2mpg to 22.6mpg, while CO2 emissions are down from 351g/km to 290g/km.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
The interior looks like an awfully nice place to spend some time carving up roads at speeds that would be frowned upon by the local keepers of the peace...

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Really surprised its an old tech car to last another 10 years,i thought they had delayed its introduction because of the 12c,it will be slower than the 12c,and therefore as quick as a 991tt,still its got the wow factor and an N/A engine,but it will be dead meat in 2 years with what's to come !!
Still i'm told they have a full order book

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Interesting they kept the side clean, minus a generic big side intake, but on the shoulders instead, though I think it looks too aventador :( still looks good but its like a baby version of Aventador. and +1 I'm excited to see what the new R8 would be like. Interesting design for the air vents, not sure if they're a tad big

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Really surprised its an old tech car to last another 10 years,i thought they had delayed its introduction because of the 12c,it will be slower than the 12c,and therefore as quick as a 991tt,still its got the wow factor and an N/A engine,but it will be dead meat in 2 years with what's to come !!

Andy, remember they can bolt on a few Turbos in a couple of years to recreate demand.

But it does seem old tech and Aventadorish.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
what's old tech about the car, certainly compared to anything else in the sector..? As far as being quick, well the specs certainly look quick enough and lambos have never really been about necessarily being the quickest cars around anyway.....

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Isv.....I guess our expectations have been influenced by Mclaren with carbon tubs, hydraulic linked suspension, ballistic power delivery and we should not forget Doris:eek:

Plus I would have thought Lamborghini needs to differentiate from Audi with better tech.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Isv.....I guess our expectations have been influenced by Mclaren with carbon tubs, hydraulic linked suspension, ballistic power delivery and we should not forget Doris:eek:

Plus I would have thought Lamborghini needs to differentiate from Audi with better tech.
The autocar press release claimed some carbon fibre componentry in the chassis so it remains to be seen just how much and what it is I guess. I don't really think the hydrualic suspension of the Mclaren necessarily offers that much of an advancement over the magnetic dampers to be honest as used in the R8 and one assumes the current iteration is an improvement over the last one. Put it this way, I really doubt anyone driving the new lambo really will think it is not quick enough.... Personally am glad that they have retained the NA V10 rather than go down the turbo route!

1 - 20 of 150 Posts