McLaren Life banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Batman was on the design team.

Love the small exhausts.

How do you get into the cockpit?

In a way it says Audi have given up on developing the Brand........shame really.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Love the small exhausts.

In a way it says Audi have given up on developing the Brand........shame really.
It's a single seater. The canopy opens up like a jet-fighter.
I'm soooo tired of the entire 'jet-fighter' crap. How long will Lambo milk this tired, ugly and old 'stealth' theme?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts

Love the small exhausts.

I guess if your batman you'd have the means to either leap, fly, swing or maybe catapult yourself into the cockpit of that monstrosity of a vehicle. LOL??.

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
May be Batman's ride in the Justice League! :D

How have the Reventons fared in the marketplace? I don't hear/see much of 'em as of late...

·
Registered
4,955 Posts

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
I thought they only intend to make 3 ?
I recall they made 20 or so Murcielago-based Reventons. And the plan is to make 3 Aventador-based Venenos.

No idea about the Egoista w/ regards to volume! May be more prudent to go w/ the poor-man's alternative, the BAC Mono!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
They made 20 or so Reventon's(Based on the Murcielago).

They made 3 Veneno's based on the Aventador.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Fellows: I don't think it was the Venenos, but I was walking North on Coast Highway to the Pagent of the Masters in Laguna Beach, CA on August 6th at about 7:30 PM when a metallic grey Aventador with a trick wing on the back that was driving South pulled over to the side of the road and the driver just sat there and looked at his driver's-side side-view mirror. About 3 minutes later, an exact duplicate (same color, same wing) pulled up and the two of them took off southbound, nose to tail. I don't know if those were Venenos, but if they were, I saw two of the three together.

Whatever model or mod of Lambo those two were, I have to say, they had a lot of Eye-Talian style. Very sexy.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I think it's cool. It's what the 10yr old you would have wanted. I think it's a bit of a stones throw from a glass house to mock how crazy that car is, as we drve around in our $300k/1.5m practical transport. :)

All that said, it ain't my cup of tea. I just like that they were going for the 10yr old in you demographic.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Kitcar designs?

Lamborghini what are you doing? This car is just waist of time and money. Yes there are some few design elements on this car that's interesting for the future. But all in all it's nothing that i would advice Lamborghini designers to follow in the future:eek:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sunday I had the rare opportunity to check out the Egoista. I have to say that in photo it doesn't look as good as in real life: it just takes the whole "concept thing" to a new level. It looks like a Hot Wheels in bigger scale, and for me it works. For sure it's a concept, but the exterior just feels like a complete real car much more than, for example, the Sesto Elemento, or even the Veneno.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
its a pretty cool concept.. but it just looks like a plastic toy car, I think its because of the colour scheme, reminds me of a model car where the plastic are in primer and coloured injection moulded parts, also that orange canopy, it strikes me as something you'd see on display in a japanese toy store, how do you get in it? I dont hate it though I think its a cool thing, be even cooler if it served a purpose, if it was designed to do something destructive, it looks a sci-fi like a weapon

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
That car is sick, but there is zero room for tire travel.

If I were wealthy enough to truly not give an f, I would dig this as an awesome fun toy. Some of the design elements are really cool.

·
Registered
48 Posts
its a pretty cool concept.. but it just looks like a plastic toy car, I think its because of the colour scheme, reminds me of a model car where the plastic are in primer and coloured injection moulded parts, also that orange canopy, it strikes me as something you'd see on display in a japanese toy store, how do you get in it? I dont hate it though I think its a cool thing, be even cooler if it served a purpose, if it was designed to do something destructive, it looks a sci-fi like a weapon
You're right, it does lool like a real life toy car, and that's not a bad thing in my opinion. Paint was one of a kind, and that's 90% of the toy-feeling...to get in the canopy slides towards the nose and up, like a jet fighter canopy would

That car is sick, but there is zero room for tire travel.
yeah, that's one thing that reminds you that is a concept. but it is not that bad, comparing for example to a sesto elemento

·
Registered
715 Posts
Lighten up Francis...

It's cool.

Is there an actual day when you give up your soul and look for practicality and blandness in every f'ing thing? Because I missed it. Thank the fates that there are those out there that still have that inner 10-year-old and design cars.

This should be McMinivanLife

As an aside, I showed the video to my 10 year old. He didn't ask once how you get in it.

A couple of years ago at the NYC show there was a hot wheels "twin mill". A real one. Me and my 2 boys stared at it for what seemed an hour... Not once did we wonder how you see out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vy8owk91nM&sns=em

1 - 19 of 19 Posts