McLaren Life banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
2012 MP4-12C 2018 720s
3,164 Posts
A few things to note here. Wasn't motor1 the first to break the story that Audi bought McLaren, when they didn't? I also find the aero system fault, contact the dealer interesting but even more interesting it's in English, not Italian.

·
Registered
8,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A few things to note here. Wasn't motor1 the first to break the story that Audi bought McLaren, when they didn't? I also find the aero system fault, contact the dealer interesting but even more interesting it's in English, not Italian.
😂 yes Audi did want to buy McLaren. Catchy story headline. Eventually McLaren refused the offer. And now that Lamborghini is German owned guess English is the fault problem reporting neutral language 😉

2012 MP4-12C 2018 720s
3,164 Posts
😂 yes Audi did want to buy McLaren. Catchy story headline. Eventually McLaren refused the offer. And now that Lamborghini is German owned guess English is the fault problem reporting neutral language 😉
Wanting and doing aren't the same, and everyone else jumped right on reporting the same thing without validating facts. I'm not saying this is fake, but you lose credibility when you publish a big fake story. Even being a German parent company I'd think it would be in the language it's being driven in geographically.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
What’s fake about the article ? Many of these things are known by dealers for quite some time.

I’ll be seeing this car on 12/9 in nyc . Many people already have deposits on this car . It’s sold out for the next 3 years .

2012 MP4-12C 2018 720s
3,164 Posts
What’s fake about the article ? Many of these things are known by dealers for quite some time.

I’ll be seeing this car on 12/9 in nyc . Many people already have deposits on this car . It’s sold out for the next 3 years .
The "spy shot" itself, not saying it is definitively fake I just question anything they publish now. Journalistic integrity is lost on them.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Mclaren and lambo are taking similar approaches with the launch of the aventador replacement and 750.

Both will be publicly debuting them at the same/similar time (March 2023 timeline ).

Both are allowing select customers to spec them before the public launches . Lambo is taking the approach that mclaren did with 720 by having launch cars that people can select who will be taking deliveries in the first year (not configurable and a choice of 9 pre-configured cars ).

720s (pre public debut ) were set up in nyc , Miami (from memory), Los Angeles and dealers invited their customers to seem the car (it was the first time that any of us had seen the car )

Lambo only gave out 3 to 4 invitations by dealers for their aventador replacement event in nyc . You can only attend this event if you have a deposit and buying the pre configured cars . Lambo charges dealers $5k/invitee for this event

·
Registered
210 Posts

Oh wow seriously? I'm jealous as hell! If you can, and I'm sure you will find out a bit more the engine ie cc and hp I guess.

I haven't been on the Lamborghini "pages" shall we call it for awhile but the 2-3 years sell out for the Lamborghini is factually correct because I asked someone who knew.

But that aside is they're anything you can tell us about the "750?" because now you've mentioned it I'm more excited about that LOL!🙂

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Oh wow seriously? I'm jealous as hell! If you can, and I'm sure you will find out a bit more the engine ie cc and hp I guess.

I haven't been on the Lamborghini "pages" shall we call it for awhile but the 2-3 years sell out for the Lamborghini is factually correct because I asked someone who knew.

But that aside is they're anything you can tell us about the "750?" because now you've mentioned it I'm more excited about that LOL!🙂
Ha ha . People are on lockdown or about to be on lockdown who will be part of the spec process pre public launch . There’s an expectation that the pre public launch specs will be fairly heavy in mso .

Reactions: Artura

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ha ha . People are on lockdown or about to be on lockdown who will be part of the spec process pre public launch . There’s an expectation that the pre public launch specs will be fairly heavy in mso .
Fair enough LOL! I've just found a 26 page thread about the "750" (old references to the Japanese motorcycles there, where does the time go!) so I'll try to read some tommorow. But I Love the 720S as is, the 765LT ofcourse is an incredible machine, but I've been watching the 1/2 mile stuff and just reviews sometimes Google translated and it must have been a quantum leap in 2017~ it was!

The new one might be pushed to be as bigger leap but never bet against Woking I've always said. But thanks for the heads up. Guess them Lamborghini pages can wait LOL!🙂

2012 MP4-12C 2018 720s
3,164 Posts
Hybrid will be a more difficult sell for Lambo, imo, given their position in the market. I can't see many current Lambo customers getting excited about it.
The only people more excited to buy it and not drive it are Ferrari owners.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts