McLaren Life banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Lamborghini was delivered to my shop straight to my shop before anybody got to touch the vehicle. The finish was far from perfect with holograms on every panel and swirls throughout the entire finish from the factory. After a few days of correction the car was brought back to how it should have looked from the factory. But as us detailers all know things will never change. Enjoy the write up...

Before Condition

Compounding Carried Out With M100

Final Shots

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
i think this puts it into perspective!!! Ive never seen a 12c in that condition,even after nearly 18 months of production.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I can not believe that a car would be shipped from the manufacturer in that condition. Something must have happened to the vehicle after leaving its birthplace, someone is not being honest with what actually happen to this exotic car. Cheers....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree. Most cars leave the factory in very good shape. It is how they are handled AFTER they leave the factory by loaders, shippers, and people who receive them at the Dealerships that cause most of the issues. And by Dealer lot personnel. They know that they MUST use micro fiber towels on the new car finishes, but they grab whatever is handy. Never mind that the towel is already dirty, and has contaminants
in it already that will damage clear coat.

·
Owner
893 Posts
I agree. Most cars leave the factory in very good shape. It is how they are handled AFTER they leave the factory by loaders, shippers, and people who receive them at the Dealerships that cause most of the issues. And by Dealer lot personnel. They know that they MUST use micro fiber towels on the new car finishes, but they grab whatever is handy. Never mind that the towel is already dirty, and has contaminants
in it already that will damage clear coat.
I would not have believed this; but, my 12C must have been handled in a similar fashion by uncaring people at the port/dealership/etc. Now, I have to incur the additional expense to rectify matters ! :(
It's truly mind boggling that this carelessness happens !!!:confused:

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I would not have believed this; but, my 12C must have been handled in a similar fashion by uncaring people at the port/dealership/etc. Now, I have to incur the additional expense to rectify matters ! :(
That I do not thing is appropriate what so ever, if anything happens to the vehicle before delivery to its rightful owner. Then the onus is on the dealership to resolve the situation before delivery is made to you the owner. If they do not want to resolve the issues, I would refuse to take delivery of the vehicle and ask for what ever money was put down to be returned. Why should the consumer be held responsible for something you had no control over, it make no sense and is nonsense. Cheers.....

·
Owner
893 Posts
........Why should the consumer be held responsible for something you had no control over, it make no sense and is nonsense. Cheers.....
It beats me, extremeride; but, sadly this is the attitude in many, many places of business in the States. :confused:
Maybe that's why my friends call auto dealerships here: the stealership !

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
It beats me, extremeride; but, sadly this is the attitude in many, many places of business in the States. :confused:
Maybe that's why my friends call auto dealerships here: the stealership !
Well word of mouth is the best form of advertising and if the word gets out about the lack of respect, honor and commitment towards you the consumer and the product they represent then they will faultier. Especially in this day and age with the likes of internet and all of the different automotive forums, which provide the consumer a means to express his or hers feelings about being mislead or mistreated. It's extremely important to voice your opinions especially those revolving around unresolved issues. Cheers....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The problem is with most dealerships they don't want to pay for quality they are content with taking delivery of a car that is in terrible shape like the car above. I had a Lamborghini Superleggera that took me 115 hours to correct and the bill came out to over 6k to fix it and the manager wouldn't pay the tab or give the client the time of day. The dealership "detailer" rotary buffed every single piece of the car with a wool pad and no product leaving the finish completely trashed. I have a lot of clients now a days that will actually take me with them to the dealership before they purchase the car to assess the cars paint to see exactly what it looks like.... Sad but this happens all of the time.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
The problem is with most dealerships they don't want to pay for quality they are content with taking delivery of a car that is in terrible shape like the car above. I had a Lamborghini Superleggera that took me 115 hours to correct and the bill came out to over 6k to fix it and the manager wouldn't pay the tab or give the client the time of day. The dealership "detailer" rotary buffed every single piece of the car with a wool pad and no product leaving the finish completely trashed. I have a lot of clients now a days that will actually take me with them to the dealership before they purchase the car to assess the cars paint to see exactly what it looks like.... Sad but this happens all of the time.
I would have turned and walked away from the deal, no way would I except something unless it was perfect. The onus is on the dealer to resolve what ever issues or concerns exist no if ands or buts. You are not bound to the deal especially if you are not content, if that's how they run things down there in the USA then I truly proud to be a Canadian. Cheers......

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Oh and one other thing I'm a firm believer in treating people the way I want to be treated. I've very respectful of others and in so doing 9 times out of 10 I receive the same in return. Just as an example one of my neighbors who owned the same type of vehicle as me from the same dealership. He wanted to know why it is that when I bring my car in for service I always get a new car as a loaner, I told him its simple I treat people with respect and in so doing get a new car in return. So some of us have it and it comes naturally, while others do not and they pay the price. Cheers....

·
Owner
893 Posts
I would have turned and walked away from the deal, no way would I except something unless it was perfect. The onus is on the dealer to resolve what ever issues or concerns exist no if ands or buts. You are not bound to the deal especially if you are not content, if that's how they run things down there in the USA then I truly proud to be a Canadian. Cheers......
I've had the pleasure of meeting many Canadians over the years; they are a most cheerful, and very helpful lot.:):)

And, speaking of cheer: A Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to my fellow McLaren Life members.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Well I hope no one takes offense to that statement, from what I've been told we can no longer use that saying Merry Christmas?. Why that is I have no idea if its something you believe in and were brought up on why not. So I would like to reciprocate the exact same statement due to my up bringing and beliefs, so Merry Christmas? to one and all of you McLaren fanatics. Cheers....??

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's not so much as they are uncaring as they are un-knowledgeable. Lot Porters at Dealerships are at the bottom of the totem pole and are paid the least to do the most work, and do not get any specialized training , Dealerships, at that point, get what they pay for.

Jimmy is right when He says Managers don't care. For the most part at large Dealerships (multi-car) they are only concerned with monthly numbers. You will almost always receive a better product at a smaller, dedicated brand Dealership that takes more pride. And, frankly, you MUST inspect before signing and ESPECIALLY before taking delivery.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts