McLaren Life banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was a good day. Christine and I drove down to Laguna Seca for a track event (http://www.hookedondriving.com) sponsored by McLaren of San Francisco, in our 458 and 12C. The weather at Laguna was perfect - mid-60s, dry, partly sunny. By afternoon, I was running consistent 1:42s on the stock Pzero tires, which is a personal best for that track in a street car.

I brought along a GoPro, and got some fun footage of my afternoon session. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/BK0diztlVZc

·
Registered
983 Posts
Fantastic day! Fourteen 12Cs on track - car ran great all day, and then drove home, no sweat. Ran 3mpg on track, and 22mpg on the trip to and from the track.

Here's the pic of all of us.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
You on the left Ben ??? And im sure i recognised the big bear on the right :D
You were certainly shifting Ben,but im somewhat confused that its your best laptime,according to all the magazine tests it should have been in the 458 !!!!! Sorry couldnt resist.Mark best not watch it,just stick to looking at your stitching Mark !!

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
That was excellent - loved watching you eat up the gap on that 911 Turbo in half a lap or so. The 12C stays so incredibly flat through it all - it almost seems unfair. :D

I've been on track with a number of identical cars before and it can be great fun where the performance has been fairly equalized. I bet you all had a blast! Thanks for sharing. :cool:

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
313 Posts
Nice film, smoooth driving, all looks easy. We are off to Snetterton next week, but when we were at Silverstone I had no success with the Go Pro. I put it inside between the driver and passenger, with a mount on the glass, but it was unable to see through the window. When Harry took "Gina" around Scotland, he got good sound with little wind noise. Has anyone got suggestions as to where to best place the camera? I also tried sticking a mount at the top edge of the rear glass outside, but ended up taking it off as it gave a persistent whistle without the camera on. I also failed to get anything useful when running in in Wales, due to wet and poor light. Does anyone use a particular program for editing? all suggestions welcome. Incidently I got 29 miles per gallon overall on a tour of France 2 weeks ago, by mainly sticking to speed limits, and overall distance was 1030 miles. Not sure what I get round here in normal driving, but very much less than that.

·
Registered
983 Posts
McLaren techs were on hand to keep our tire pressures around 32/36 all day (p-zero regulars). I ran in aero mode.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Great driving Ben!! Thanks for the video.

You look like you are quite familiar with the track.;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts