McLaren Life banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
So you haven’t even driven one…

so you have no idea that its a terrible car.. ok..

and Harris as far as i am aware has the opportunity to drive pretty much anything so whilst he might not be completely aware of the nuance of long ownership, and has a reasonable data set to work off normally… not just blindly casting opinion with no knowledge… but okay.. such is internet
"And YES I'm aware of OWNERS EXPERIENCES of THEIR CARS and some of what the DEVELOPMENT team STATED."

?

Do you need me to translate that? The internet allows much access to much people? Yes, I've used it.🤦

"And everything I wrote was factual unless you can prove me wrong. I'd welcome it."

Which you didn't you? Why!

And try telling McLaren, or ANYONE else in this thread for that matter the next time you're at the MTC the McLaren Speedtail ISN'T hypercar they manufactured or as was stated it was a hyper-gt by some. You'll get laughed off the premises and never invited back.

That's what this was ALL about before even I drifted off an a tangent because of another "distraction" and "intervention".

Ownership doesn't allow you the right to simply and completely re class a hypercars class a manufacturer makes or call it something completely different because it doesn't suit or fit your narrative. That's, beyond ridiculous.

Case closed on that SPECIFIC matter.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
"And YES I'm aware of OWNERS EXPERIENCES of THEIR CARS and some of what the DEVELOPMENT team STATED."

?

Do you need me to translate that? The internet allows much access to much people? Yes, I've used it.🤦

"And everything I wrote was factual unless you can prove me wrong. I'd welcome it."

And try telling McLaren, or ANYONE else in this thread for that matter the next time you're at the MTC the McLaren Speedtail ISN'T hypercar they manufactured or as was stated it was a hyper-gt by some. You'll get laughed off the premises and never invited back.

That's what this was ALL about before even I drifted off an a tangent because of another "distraction" and "intervention".

Ownership doesn't allow you the right to simply and completely re class a hypercars class a manufacturer makes or call it something completely different because it doesn't suit or fit your narrative. That's, beyond ridiculous.

lol, Sorry but please try to google a bit with whom you are arguing … it’s getting a bit funny but only bc you keep the argument going …

·
Registered
210 Posts
lol, Sorry but please try to google a bit with whom you are arguing … it’s getting a bit funny but only bc you keep the argument going …
Nobody's arguing though? I mean I've stated the obvious. And I'm not "Googling" anything I'm quite alright. Nothing was refuted?

And, if you think that's funny, and bringing more attention to a situation already underlined, and I've moved on then I'm speechless, you're just as culpable as anyone else.

Advice is very easily given. But Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Nobody's arguing though? I mean I've stated the obvious. And I'm not "Googling" anything I'm quite alright.

And, if you think that's funny, and bringing more attention to a situation already underlined, and I've moved on then I'm speechless, your just as culpable.

No, he's right, it's pretty funny.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Nobody's arguing though? I mean I've stated the obvious. And I'm not "Googling" anything I'm quite alright. Nothing was refuted?

And, if you think that's funny, and bringing more attention to a situation already underlined, and I've moved on then I'm speechless, you're just as culpable as anyone else.

I think what they are getting is that if anyone can debate a car’s “hypercar” status, it is mikeyb.

·
Registered
8,401 Posts

?

Honestly, i think even mclaren are embarrassed by the speedtail…

but you wouldn’t know that… anyway… you’re making me chuckle.. so thanks for being here… you’ll enjoy it am sure.. there are lots of good people with lots of good knowledge and good experience,…

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
the idea would have been 100% pure McLaren DNA, unlike the 400kph whale... doing the whole design/concept with GM would have resulted in probably the Uber Hypercar of its time (3-4y ago) ... just like F1 was 25y ago
True,, i know that Gordon was keen to link up with mclaren again after Ron left, but sadly i guess for all of us that never happened…

·
Registered
199 Posts
True,, i know that Gordon was keen to link up with mclaren again after Ron left, but sadly i guess for all of us that never happened…
If he did we never would have gotten the T.50, so it's actually quite fortunate! I doubt that Mclaren would give GM total control over the project and even if they did, going all new and bespoke with Cosworth engine, etc, is also very hard to imagine.

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
If he did we never would have gotten the T.50, so it's actually quite fortunate! I doubt that Mclaren would give GM total control over the project and even if they did, going all new and bespoke with Cosworth engine, etc, is also very hard to imagine.
Yes agree.. i am not sure the conversation was had, and the speedtail would have been better no doubt, but of course the t50 would never had existed…

61 - 72 of 72 Posts