McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Added my .02¢

Seems silly to brand your car an imposter with a couple of stickers, but whatever.

>8^)
ER

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Also, for those ever wondering, there is a very obvious difference between the Revosport front bumper and that of an actual 12C HS. You can see it here in my photos of 12C HS #01.

Unlike the standard 12C's and the knock-off RHZ front bumper the side marker lens does not meet up flush with the wheel arch opening on a real 12C High Sport.

Compare that to the knock-off on KSA's car which fits just like the standard car:

I hope we do not see a trend of owners with these aftermarket bumpers putting '12C HS' stickers on their car. :(

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Also, for those ever wondering, there is a very obvious difference between the Revosport front bumper and that of an actual 12C HS. You can see it here in my photos of 12C HS #01.

Unlike the standard 12C's and the knock-off RHZ front bumper the side marker lens does not meet up flush with the wheel arch opening on a real 12C High Sport.

Compare that to the knock-off on KSA's car which fits just like the standard car:

I hope we do not see a trend of owners with these aftermarket bumpers putting '12C HS' stickers on their car. :(

>8^)
ER
Peloton, do I see additional CF dive planes on your HS pics? Those are not on all HS, correct?

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Zoom in, you can decipher the plaque now reads "1 of 5. Till someone pays us to make another one."

From the MSO options list:

Lifetime Re-Badging Service: MSO will send you a new plaque every time another HS is ordered, so nobody can call you a liar on the Interweb. Cost: US$89,000.00.

Velcro adhesive kit for above: US$17,500. Available in faux carbon, add US$2,000.00.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts

>8^)
ER
Do you have any full front pictures of HS #01?

I have never seen the carbon canards on the HS front bumper

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
as far as I know,this is the only HS that has the Carbon blades,it also has cf trims on the rear air in takes,but they just look cosmetic ,so i:m not a fan,unless someone knows of a purpose???

I do agree with Mac though,if McLaren cannot release this bumper (which is the best imo} then what choice do owners have if it looks the best!! But branding this quality of car into something its not is something we would have done in our teens.
I like Squirrels , the BS model!!!

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Peloton, do I see additional CF dive planes on your HS pics? Those are not on all HS, correct?
Yes you do. They have been added to this car and one of the white ones from what I have seen. In tandem with that they also replaced the rear wing with one that has an additional lip at the trailing edge. One of the MSO guys said the combo makes a noticeable difference in handling.

Was this one ever posted? Don't remember seeing it.

http://dark-cars.over-blog.com/m/article-117205845.html

Surely there are more HS out there now than 2013 coupes, especially including KSA's. :p
Yes - that one has been posted. It is a real 12C HS - chassis #09 apparently. It arrived through McLaren Tampa Bay.

Zoom in, you can decipher the plaque now reads "1 of 5. Till someone pays us to make another one."

From the MSO options list:

Lifetime Re-Badging Service: MSO will send you a new plaque every time another HS is ordered, so nobody can call you a liar on the Interweb. Cost: US$89,000.00.

Velcro adhesive kit for above: US$17,500. Available in faux carbon, add US$2,000.00.
Too Funny :D

At least on #01 they have removed the '1 of 5' plates and replaced it with plates that simply say what chassis it is:

Do you have any full front pictures of HS #01?

I have never seen the carbon canards on the HS front bumper
Here's my set of photos from the showroom in Beverly Hills:

And for even better photos, here's a set that hushy pushy took outside in good light while the car was at McLaren San Francisco:

Click each of those images to view the associated gallery.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As usual Erik proves me wrong,:eek: They are churning out these HS cars faster than any other coupe at the moment;)

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
I haven't proven anything... ;)

Can't find that white 12C HS photo with the canards to save my life, but Instagram is barely cooperating. :mad:

>8^)
ER

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Okay - found the photo I saw earlier after some significant digging. Now that I am looking at it more closely I've realized it is simply one of the photos of HS #01 from the McLaren San Francisco parking lot that has been desaturated. :(

Oh well - at least I won't be broadcasting the wrong info again on this one.

>8^)
ER

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
No - it's okay. I learned something! (...or was it unlearned?? :D )

In the old days of F1 tracking I used to save every interesting thing that I saw. I still do that with the F1 stuff but there's no way to keep up with everything else McLaren so instead I have to keep mental notes of where to look when I refer back to something. Instagram just doesn't make the process of looking very easy.

>8^)
ER

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Drifter - check the last sentence of this post.

>8^)
ER

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
No worries then. :)

I'm not sure why so many seem put off to the canards - they are very evocative of what we see on the 12C GT3 and Can Am Edition cars. Perhaps they look a little out of place on a road car, but as the McLaren ethos is largely 'function over form' the fact that they work is enough for me. :cool:

>8^)
ER

1 - 20 of 30 Posts