McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you guys put the key whilst driving? Whilst I like the keyless go, it would be handy to have a little cubby hole in which to place it. Have I missed a trick?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate stuff in pockets... Invariably ends up through the washing machine if I follow that route ;-)

·
Registered
551 Posts
I usually leave it in the console but happened it says no key found.

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Mcalren needs an iphone holder with a flip case / key holder.

Given they don't have a customer or enthusiast list like Ferrari or Lambo - a joint venture with a high end brand producing a small line of consumer (Mont Blanc) products.

Perfect Fathers Day / birthday gift etc.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I just keep it in my pocket. I'd rather make sure I take it out of my pocket when I get home than try to remember to grab it on my way out of the car.

There is some voodoo about the key left in the car that it keeps it from going into sleep mode or some such thing and kills the battery. I know the SLS will act strangely if I leave the key in it. Outside of the "special place", of course.

The Mac has a special place as well right behind the cup holder close to the arch. Supposedly it will read its presence even of the battery is drained.

All voodoo.

·
Registered
715 Posts

Given they don't have a customer or enthusiast list like Ferrari or Lambo - a joint venture with a high end brand producing a small line of consumer (Mont Blanc) products.

Good idea. But I dare you to invest in an iPhone anything. I had a bespoke carrier made for my wife's 4s. Oh well.

And Tag already makes a great gift for the Mac enthusiast. I love mine...

But I agree that some more trinkets are called for. You can buy Fezza toilet seats for god's sake.

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Good idea. But I dare you to invest in an iPhone anything. I had a bespoke carrier made for my wife's 4s. Oh well.

And Tag already makes a great gift for the Mac enthusiast. I love mine...

But I agree that some more trinkets are called for. You can buy Fezza toilet seats for god's sake.
Don't dare me :)

Ferrari makes more off trinkets than anything else and most of it says China on the back :rolleyes:

I have always wanted to invest in brand products and take my ideas in a different direction.

A friend made a deal for Swiss Army rights and created a luggage company - sold a few years later $$$$$$$$

Perhaps a call to Mont Blanc or Todd is in order - any pics of your Tag?

·
Registered
715 Posts
My McGuy tracked down the watch which he dutifully delivered with the car.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374761992.491845.jpg

I've never been a Tag/Heuer guy, but this new line they have come out with is truly nice. The stitching matches perfectly as do the perforations. And the typeface is perfect. The dial is a little busy but so what... It is surprising how many realize the watch matches the car. Girls especially. I guess the MO is eye catching. Displaced the yachtmaster...

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I usually put mine on the passenger seat, if I am driving by myself. Will look for this "pocket" in the driver's seat.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts

They have an arrangement with links of London over here. Mainly cuff links but they're quite nice and reassuringly expensive.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
How long does the key stay on the passenger seat before it goes flying about? :p
Stays put pretty much, don't do really heavy braking.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts