McLaren Life banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Name: Dimitri
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

i needed to share my excitement here, since 4 days i'm a very happy owner of a new 12c, that i love! i tried to keep my right foot off the gas pedal for the first 1000km but i couldn't , at 150 km i was driving it like i stole it, it has 600km now. these are my specs:
elite paint pearl white, ultra light weight stealth wheels, ceramic brakes, red calipers, leather and alcantara interior black and red, carbon interior, iris upgrade, body color splitter, sensors, tpms, electric and heated seats and alarm.

I have few questions to owners:

-1- Iris: the touch screen is a mess, its almost impossible to dial a number, each press will make multiple characters or if i press on the touch screen it will do nothing. is this normal? it took me a lot of time to even be able to memorize fm station because of the touch screen

-2- on comfort suspension, there is rattles on uneven roads , is it normal

-3- is the launch control not recommended like on ferrari's?

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Congratulations on a fabulous spec......it looks the business as we say in Norf Lundon.

I have no problem with the touch screen and wonder if you or the dealer needs to calibrate it? Some owners report that the place to touch is left (or right) of the letters/numbers.

The rattling may be the carbon tub resonating but others can answer that question as my car seems OK irrespective of setting. Test driving the dealer demonstrator in the same settings along the same roads would tell you a lot?

Mclaren employees have told me that launch control is OK to use but they don't pick up the tab for a new clutch/clutches!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Dealer said you can launch all day long. Claimed to have done 100+ on a single day (on one car) at a media event. System will warn if it's not ready or too hot.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi all

i needed to share my excitement here, since 4 days i'm a very happy owner of a new 12c, that i love! i tried to keep my right foot off the gas pedal for the first 1000km but i couldn't , at 150 km i was driving it like i stole it, it has 600km now. these are my specs:
elite paint pearl white, ultra light weight stealth wheels, ceramic brakes, red calipers, leather and alcantara interior black and red, carbon interior, iris upgrade, body color splitter, sensors, tpms, electric and heated seats and alarm.

I have few questions to owners:

-1- Iris: the touch screen is a mess, its almost impossible to dial a number, each press will make multiple characters or if i press on the touch screen it will do nothing. is this normal? it took me a lot of time to even be able to memorize fm station because of the touch screen

thanks
Nice to see you here :)

That's the MAJOR problem with all touch screens, too imprecise, worse invention ever. One needs to concentrate on the screen to do anything, very dangerous while driving, buttons would have been soooooooo much better.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I have one rattle, front left corner of windshield. Could be the left inner A-pillar, or the leather cover over the gauges. Dealer needs to check it out, there have been a few similar complaints. Not sure where your rattles are coming from?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I use launch every day. Oh sure I may need a clutch some day but so what. The double clutch transmissions are able to handle this better than their predecessors and it wasn't a problem then. The 12c launch is fantastic! Congrats on your purchase, mine is white too. Its a great color for the 12c!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Very nice. I'm a big fan of white cars and yours looks almost identical to my previous 12C. Glad to hear that you're driving it like you stole it. Enjoy the beast in good health.

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks all
there is no rattles from the dashboard, i am talking more about the sound that comes from the suspension on uneven road with soft suspension settings.
anyone knows how to calibrate the iris screen?

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice to see you here :)

That's the MAJOR problem with all touch screens, too imprecise, worse invention ever. One needs to concentrate on the screen to do anything, very dangerous while driving, buttons would have been soooooooo much better.
whoopsy! good to see you here too!! i am sure i have a problem with my touch screen, its not imprecise , its a real pain in the A.. to do the slightest thing like dialling a number, i have to spend 3 minutes.. crazy

·
Registered
424 Posts
whoopsy! good to see you here too!! i am sure i have a problem with my touch screen, its not imprecise , its a real pain in the A.. to do the slightest thing like dialling a number, i have to spend 3 minutes.. crazy
:)

My touch screen sucks too. I just skipped the car's touch screen and use my iphone's screen instead, a 'little' bit better in response.

For radio controls, at least the preset buttons are bigger and easier to aim. But mostly I listen to one station only and it's always on that one.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Have no idea if this is the same issue, but my car needed to have the suspension displacement sensor link lubricated and bolts replaced after 1500 miles. Likely was a problem from start-was a noise from the passenger side (us) front on some surfaces.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
The touch screen could not be of a worse design if they tired from the out set. With regard to the vibration. Ask the dealer to balance the CCBD as if it were a wheel, if they are out by more than up to 5g then; ask them to fit new discs that have a zero tolerance.

I have had 2 x 12Cs, both with CCBDs, both had vibration whilst driving and under braking. From new. The factory are well aware of this problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts