McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to intro myself as I am the proud owner of a new mp4-12c.

Car is beautiful, 312km done so far and cant wait to hit 1000 and open her up a little thereafter. Hope all you guys are enjoying your cars as wel!

I wanted to ask 2 questions to find out if what I am experiencing is normal or if I should speak to my mclaren dealership;

1) When the air conditioning is turned on there is a faint high pitched noise which is constant and sometimes I find this (even though it is very faint) quite annoying, and the noise goes away if you turn the a/c off.

2) Similarly if I turn the radio on a high pitched noise, quite faint which sounds like electrical interference / bad reception is there- and this goes away if you turn the radio off or connect an ipod.

Has anyone else experienced this? Something I have to live with or trip to mclaren?

Best Wishes to all and thanks in advance.

Ali from Dubai

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
mrwolf

This is my answer

1) Your not driving fast enough. Or the fan needs setting low.

2) That is a fault which the dealer needs to eliminate. My car does not do it.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Looks good congrats. Sounds like you have a bad ground somewhere. Make sure the battery has a good charge, if it still persists, take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to intro myself as I am the proud owner of a new mp4-12c.

Car is beautiful, 312km done so far and cant wait to hit 1000 and open her up a little thereafter. Hope all you guys are enjoying your cars as wel!

I wanted to ask 2 questions to find out if what I am experiencing is normal or if I should speak to my mclaren dealership;

1) When the air conditioning is turned on there is a faint high pitched noise which is constant and sometimes I find this (even though it is very faint) quite annoying, and the noise goes away if you turn the a/c off.

2) Similarly if I turn the radio on a high pitched noise, quite faint which sounds like electrical interference / bad reception is there- and this goes away if you turn the radio off or connect an ipod.

Has anyone else experienced this? Something I have to live with or trip to mclaren?

Best Wishes to all and thanks in advance.

Ali from Dubai
With respect to (1), that might be a result of cabin pressure. If the AC is on full in my 12C, the air cannot vent out of the cabin quick enough which creates high pressure inside (I can feel it in my ears) and air squeezes out of the door seals, resulting in a whistling sound (sometimes a little loud, sometimes not and it can be louder if your doors are not adjusted properly). To test to see if this is the problem, put your vent control on "recycle". If it goes away, then you have the cabin pressure issue. I haven't heard any news that McLaren will improve the cabin venting though my service manager has relayed the problem to them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys for your comments / suggestions.

jIMP4- I will play around with the a/c and see if it is cabin pressure issue.

The radio issue I will speak to the dealership and I guess they will take the car probably- this is just cruel to have an annoying problem like this and I have to give the car back after i just got it :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mask, enjoy!! You will love this beast.

Unfortunately have to send mine in tomorrow to sort out this radio issue + also just noticed that the front left rubber 'flap' thing on the under tray is loose and hanging down a bit.... :confused:

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Also here are some pics ;)

- Ultra Light wheels
- Carbon side vents
- Carbon splitter
- Stealth / sport exhausts
- Elite supernova silver (pics really really don't do justice)
I saw the exact same coloured car at Pfaff mrwolf and must say I love it, just as much as I love the colour on my car. Congrats on your beautiful new car, cherish and appreciate ever moment your driving around in that beauty. Cheers.....??

·
C A R B O N
344 Posts
Beautilful choice of color and components. ..The silver is one of my favorite colors.

As far as the HVAC noise with the fan on. If it increses with fan speed. you may have one of the side vents fully closed and air pressure trying to escape.

Enjoy the hell out of it....Drive it like you stole it.

David

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok so I went to the dealership...
I showed them the car and the noise from the radio and also the ac. Both of the noise are really faint and the dealership couldn't even hear it. But I can hear it lol.

Anyway its very minor and I decided to leave it and ignore the issue- and apparently I have super sensitive ears.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Mr Wolf, what big ears you've got.....
.........come on if it makes a noise then fix it or I'll eat you!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Ok so I went to the dealership...
I showed them the car and the noise from the radio and also the ac. Both of the noise are really faint and the dealership couldn't even hear it. But I can hear it lol.

Anyway its very minor and I decided to leave it and ignore the issue- and apparently I have super sensitive ears.
Mrwolf how are your others senses, are they just as a acute as your hearing. If so I guess the picture depicted is très à propos on top of which your appropriate handle. Cheers....???

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hahahaha

What to do! Its one of those situations where your sitting there with your friend from the dealership, in your car, and pointing out what you think is a fault...

But, he cant find anything wrong and says its all perfect. So I insist "no no I can hear this noise, listen carefully man" so he leans his ears closer to the speakers. *another awkward silence*

He says its all good. I hear the F'n noise. Eventually I got out the car asked for a double shot espresso and left.

Back in my car / track mode / highway / back to my office

1 - 20 of 52 Posts