McLaren Life banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I just changed all my Accumulators. I check with a reliable source on how to change them.

You do not need to relieve pressure or bleed the system. You can jack up one wheel at a time and change each one. There was no pressure, You unscrew old one and screw on new one. That's it!
You will need to add some fluid after you drive car for a few blocks. the level will look like it's full when you remove cap, but you will still be able to add fluid.

No codes, drives much better and I does not get an error message anymore when raising car.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No pictures. Nothing to it. They are on top of the shock. They unscrew

2012 MP4-12C
1,351 Posts
2012 MP4-12C
1,351 Posts
Are you sure you dont need to bleed? how so?
The accumulators have 1 fluid connection, not a pass-through. Fluid goes in, it doesn't come out. The air in the accumulator is displaced into the system but it will eventually work its way to venting out the fill cap.

Reactions: batcheej
2012 MP4-12C
1,351 Posts
very good, does anyone have 'the process' or is it as simple as the poster mentioned?
Easier said than done, in the front, I may do a video on it when the opportunity becomes available.

·
Premium Member
2019 720S Coupe Track Pack
231 Posts
Is this just using the same reservoir as the power steering then? Just top it up with Pentosin CHF202 and drive until it sorts itself out?

2012 MP4-12C
1,351 Posts
Is this just using the same reservoir as the power steering then? Just top it up with Pentosin CHF202 and drive until it sorts itself out?
Yes

Reactions: The Brigand

·
Premium Member
2019 720S Coupe Track Pack
231 Posts
I'm pretty sure they will be McLaren specific, but maybe it's possible to find out who makes them for McLaren.

I'm wondering if they could be remanufactured? Maybe even improved with better materials to increase their service life.

It sounds like there's a growing market for them already, as more cars start coming out of warranty.

If anyone in the UK or EU has an old one to spare I know of a couple of companies that might be willing to take a look at it.

2012 MP4-12C
1,351 Posts
I'm pretty sure they will be McLaren specific, but maybe it's possible to find out who makes them for McLaren.

I'm wondering if they could be remanufactured? Maybe even improved with better materials to increase their service life.

It sounds like there's a growing market for them already, as more cars start coming out of warranty.

If anyone in the UK or EU has an old one to spare I know of a couple of companies that might be willing to take a look at it.
They are specific McLaren numbers, I know who makes them, and I'm working on making options available. I do have a McLaren part available, maybe.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts