1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Apologize if this has already been posted to one of the other P1 threads. This is an article by Jay Leno that goes along with the video RIC posted above. As I'm sure everyone knows, Jay is a huge car fan and has a garage that should have built-in drool collectors.

A few of the quotes I liked:

"Its iconic F1 is probably the car in my garage I would save from a fire if I had time to retrieve just one."

"I get out of the P1 with reluctance — I have just discovered this is my new favourite supercar."

"And my 12C? I think that will become the wife’s car now."

http://www.driving.co.uk/features/mclaren/video-jay-leno-the-first-man-outside-mclaren-to-drive-the-p1-supercar/14372

-nh4.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
I believe he's referring to the ripped look of a short class bodybuilder, because the only thing huge on this car is its performance!
I get where you're coming from, I just don't particularly like the phrase thats all, the statement struck me as a heavily modified 12c..

·
Registered
33 Posts
I get where you're coming from, I just don't particularly like the phrase thats all, the statement struck me as a heavily modified 12c..
I agree with you Drifter. It's like saying Phil Heath is a souped up Usain Bolt, incomparable, both are great but in different disciplines.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
He loves the 12C. The P1 feels as agile as a 12C, Which is what he loves about it. It is just a ton faster.

Thus, it's like a 12C on steroids.

You guys over interpret everything.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Don't care for Jay on the tonite show but Love Jay as a car guy - he owns an F1 MP4 and soon a P1.

It's probably because I want him to talk cars - not a better person on this planet to represent Mclaren!

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
They referred to it as a ''This is a 12C on steroids'' !?
I took that comment to be more adulation of the McLaren bloodline; F1, 12c, P1, and not a rip in anyway to diminish any of the cars.

-nh4.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
He loves the 12C. The P1 feels as agile as a 12C, Which is what he loves about it. It is just a ton faster.

Thus, it's like a 12C on steroids.

You guys over interpret everything.
Its usually not interpreted as a good thing when you talk about cars, been in many forums before and the remark has always been a negative one, its probably why I interpreted that way naturally. Cool article though never the less, Jay is awesome

1 - 11 of 11 Posts