McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The £85k entry level R type 5litre V8 supercharged coupe is announced

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows/jaguar-f-type-coupe-revealed

What Beats me is that a 5 litre supercharged lump only achieves 0-60 in 4 secs but I do not know weights or other data.

Nevertheless seems that it is unstressed for a BIG V8.

Jag are beating the drum for the stiffness of the new one piece, with side panel, aluminium pressed platform. Does make me think that carbon fibre is today's better solution but not,maybe , on a volume car.

Anyway, what struck me is that the optioned price is probably close to £100k so an entry level P13 at £120k would seem a bargain in comparison. Of course an optioned P13 maybe £135 which makes the jump from the Jag less attractive but if residuals were better managed.........

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another car that looks better in the flesh and the design has improved to my eyes.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
What a great looking car, you can see why they launched the convertible first, they'd never have sold any otherwise! And the rear has a hint of E Type now, good that they haven't put a rear wiper on it.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What a great looking car, you can see why they launched the convertible first, they'd never have sold any otherwise! And the rear has a hint of E Type now, good that they haven't put a rear wiper on it.

I'm not sure they sold any convertables.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
It'll be a heavy, fat pig, no doubt. Still, roofline works very well for me, flows nicely and complements the rear styling. Front grille is still butt ugly, but if the baby-momma wanted one, I'd say OK. She'd want the uglier convertible, I fear, however!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
It'll be a heavy, fat pig, no doubt. Still, roofline works very well for me, flows nicely and complements the rear styling. Front grille is still butt ugly, but if the baby-momma wanted one, I'd say OK. She'd want the uglier convertible, I fear, however!
I like the looks of the convertible, sat in one last weekend. Was not happy that you seem to sit way down in the car, could not find a way to raise the seat. The brakes are a joke for a $100k car, not even ventilated discs. Also not happy that a Boxster S PDK bascially destroys the Jag. for less money.

Still a cool looking car, but like 6th says, a heavy pig.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts