McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Thanks Mark I enjoyed that, love the pictures and the video, it's amazing the sound that comes out of that engine. I wouldn't mind owning one of those, I'm not to keen on the fact that it has only 4 cylinders, even if it can generate the numbers and that erotic sound. Cheers....??

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
the irony of the whole thing being that the reason it was shunned cos most didn't like the idea that it had a four cylinder engine which would sound crap.... evidently that was very wrong....

·
Registered
39 Posts
After seeing and hearing the car in action I wouldn't be surprised if a few very wealthy people asked Jag to build them one...

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
As an enthusiast, this depresses me because that is one gorgeous Hypercar and I think it sounds phenomenal. In fact, I just heard a clip of the 2013 Formula One engine and to me, it doesn't sound half as good as this Jag. Maybe it just takes on even more desirability when you know it won't be made, but this would have ranked 2nd for me, right behind the P1, I think. Bloody awesome looking car.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
As an enthusiast, this depresses me because that is one gorgeous Hypercar and I think it sounds phenomenal. In fact, I just heard a clip of the 2013 Formula One engine and to me, it doesn't sound half as good as this Jag. Maybe it just takes on even more desirability when you know it won't be made, but this would have ranked 2nd for me, right behind the P1, I think. Bloody awesome looking car.
Indeed, 6th. And this may add to your depression:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z24ZuCdaC9E
Unfortunately, the story of the CX-75 ends in a similar fashion to that of the XJ-13.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Car stylists seem to have most trouble getting the rear wheel arches right. I rarely see a good job.

This car has got that, and the rest of the design nailed.

Those five prototypes are going to be worth some serious cash in the future.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Car stylists seem to have most trouble getting the rear wheel arches right. I rarely see a good job.

This car has got that, and the rest of the design nailed.

Those five prototypes are going to be worth some serious cash in the future.
Got that right! Would have been a legend like the XJ. did it really weigh 1700kg?:eek:
The article stated it uses the lightest batteries(bespoke) in the market:confused:
Same carbon chassis/cage like P1 LaFerrari n 918. way smaller engine than the three. I don't get it?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Got that right! Would have been a legend like the XJ. did it really weigh 1700kg?:eek:
The article stated it uses the lightest batteries(bespoke) in the market:confused:
Same carbon chassis/cage like P1 LaFerrari n 918. way smaller engine than the three. I don't get it?
Given the spec of the batteries and electric motors, the weight looks about the same as the Porsche.

EVO gives it a favourable comparison to the 918.

I guess the naysayers, who said it was bound to be inferior to the other three, only had a four pot engine, it's a Tata, blah, blah, influenced the decision to put it into production.

It's now become apparent the level of technology, with the partnership of Williams Advanced Engineering, was at least equal to the others.

That made the asking price seem quite reasonable in retrospect.

Another great British marketing disaster.

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/290008/2013_jaguar_cx75_prototype_review.html

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Given the spec of the batteries and electric motors, the weight looks about the same as the Porsche.

EVO gives it a favourable comparison to the 918.

I guess the naysayers, who said it was bound to be inferior to the other three, only had a four pot engine, it's a Tata, blah, blah, influenced the decision to put it into production.

It's now become apparent the level of technology, with the partnership of Williams Advanced Engineering, was at least equal to the others.

That made the asking price seem quite reasonable in retrospect.

Another great British marketing disaster

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/290008/2013_jaguar_cx75_prototype_review.html
On par or better than the 918 Spyder, very impressive indeed;).......if it does only end up being 5 produced, this will be a legendary car ala XJ13;):D

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
I'm sure (or hope) that the Jaguar decision-makers also recognized the other entrants in game, namely halo offerings from Ferrari, Porsche, and McLaren along w/ other now-established boutique marques (Koenigsegg, Pagani, etc). Point being, a somewhat crowded playing-field (great for the consumer) but not the best risk-reward exercise in an economic flux.

What I truly was drawn to was the potential jet-turbine aspect of the C-X75!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts