McLaren Life banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Looking for some counsel. Will be heading back to the uk from the Italian lakes. Ive used the Furka and Grimsal passes in the past, but looking for a change of scene. Do any of the European followers have any suggested routes?

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Hi
Looking for some counsel. Will be heading back to the uk from the Italian lakes. Ive used the Furka and Grimsal passes in the past, but looking for a change of scene. Do any of the European followers have any suggested routes?
PM RIC,he is our local expert

roundincircles that is

·
Registered
964 Posts
Last time I came back from Lake Como I went via St Moritz and onto Davos via the Fluelapass- the Davos stretch was fantastic and later that year Top Gear guys used it and found it as much fun as we did.

Admittedly it might be a bit out of your way if you're on one of the other Lakes, but I certainly enjoyed the scenery and driving it offered.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Passo Pordoi in North Italy and most of the passes in that area are all nice:

http://youtu.be/NMzTzpqxENw

I find the Swiss passes to be a bit nicer because the roads are wider. Furka pass is by far one of the best I've ever driven!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I've been planning a trip to go to Monaco then the lakes then Geneva then home (UK). In the course of my planning I found a good idea that we won't use because of time. Heading home rom the lakes it is a bit longer.

So, you take the route towards Monaco passing through Bra and Sospel and then route over the Alps across the Col de Bonnette (may be the wrong spelling). Supposed to be fantastic - Henry Catchpole has a vid on YouTube for Evo driving a 12C over this route. The Top Gear guys also did much of the route (Bra etc.) on their latest road trip video.

Great roads but another few hours onto the time.

·
Registered
964 Posts
The road to Sospel is amazing! Col du Turini if you continue onwards. :cool::cool::D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts