McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my car back from its 10,000 mile service. All updates seem solid--but one question which I have not seen comment on: it sounds to me like the timbre of the sound via the ISG has changed slightly. I run the thing at the lowest volume level regardless of power setting, but it sounded better to me--especially on increasing revs.

Quite likely, I am imagining this. But I wondered if they changed the membrane in the ISG valve to make an adjustment of some kind.

Anyone else notice this? :confused:

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
You will notice a small change if you use the car as DD,as its part of the service package to change the isg membrane,especially if you use it on its lowest setting :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Glad to know I'm not imagining it--plus I do think it is an improvement.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
You will notice a small change if you use the car as DD,as its part of the service package to change the isg membrane,especially if you use it on its lowest setting :)
What do you mean especially if used on it's lowest setting?

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
What do you mean especially if used on it's lowest setting?
If its set in the highest setting you are unlikely to hear any difference as its sreaming at you.Because it is in sense a seal,then as it gets worn its not going to be as effective that's why they change it.So you are more likely to notice a small difference when its effectively off ??

·
Registered
367 Posts
Lowest setting was not "off" enough for me when combined with some inconel drone so I just had mine physically pulled and plugged. Factory approved. Electronics where not altered so no chance of CEL. Now if only the turbos were louder...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Lowest setting was not "off" enough for me when combined with some inconel drone so I just had mine physically pulled and plugged. Factory approved. Electronics where not altered so no chance of CEL. Now if only the turbos were louder...
The ISG is bascially 100% mechanical. It is a very very simple system. So to close it, all you have to do is basically plug two small flexible tubes. Or take them out completely... no real tech needed.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
noone1, there might be a problem with your membrane or tubes. So either you are always low or always high volume in your car... it is noticeable difference in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
noone1, there might be a problem with your membrane or tubes. So either you are always low or always high volume in your car... it is noticeable difference in my opinion.
Agreed, it is very noticeable. I have mine on the min. setting, max setting sounds too digital.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts