McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
OWNER
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I currently have a 2011 458 with 3400 miles. I love the car, but I keep getting drawn in by the MP4.

I found a 2012 with 2500 miles, Volcano Orange/Black, ceramic brakes, some carbon options. MSRP was $294K and I am negotiating for the dealer to add the carbon fiber engine sides, already has the top engine covers. Warranty good until 6/15/15.

The dealer was offering the car for $234,995. First they said $230K for their car and $240K for my trade. Then they came back with $228,995 for theirs with Xpel clear bra and K40 radar detector and $250K for my trade.

I'm thinking $226K for the MP4 WITHOUT bra, but with the K40 and the carbon fiber engine bay sides and $253K for my trade. My best friend does the Xpel here in MD and will do mine just for cost of material.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. These MP4's are bad ass vehicles and it seems like the people on here are more down to earth then most Ferrari owners I have met.

THANKS!!!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Hey guys I currently have a 2011 458 with 3400 miles. I love the car, but I keep getting drawn in by the MP4.

I found a 2012 with 2500 miles, Volcano Orange/Black, ceramic brakes, some carbon options. MSRP was $294K and I am negotiating for the dealer to add the carbon fiber engine sides, already has the top engine covers. Warranty good until 6/15/15.

The dealer was offering the car for $234,995. First they said $230K for their car and $240K for my trade. Then they came back with $228,995 for theirs with Xpel clear bra and K40 radar detector and $250K for my trade.

I'm thinking $226K for the MP4 WITHOUT bra, but with the K40 and the carbon fiber engine bay sides and $253K for my trade. My best friend does the Xpel here in MD and will do mine just for cost of material.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. These MP4's are bad ass vehicles and it seems like the people on here are more down to earth then most Ferrari owners I have met.

THANKS!!!
Yeah what's with those Ferrari owners anyways, they always seem to have a pickle or something up there butts. Please do not take offense, this is not directed at you.

Well 1badassmclaren it sure sounds like you've sold yourself on the Mac, have you actually driven the car in question. I must admit its always great to hear a Ferrari owner wanting to switch to a Mac. Yes it's one hell of a car with the odd little hiccup which some of us have a harder time coping with.

From what I understand prices seem to range from the low $200k and upwards to the $240k. In Canada the prices range from $245k to $275k which is all dependent on options, miles etc.

As for the Ferrari options once again and milage, up here the range from $260k up to $290k. I was looking at a 458 a while back and right off the bat they have me $10k discount so $269k.

If it was me I would take the deal, unfortunately I have a bias towards the Mac, which doesn't really help in this matter. I think the key here is are you really happy with what they're offering you.

Well good luck on your future venture, and I like your handle by the way. You will get a lot of assistance in this matter from the members of this forum, they are a great bunch of knowledgable individuals. Cheers.....??

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Yeah what's with those Ferrari owners anyways, they always seem to have a pickle or something up there butts. Please do not take offense, this is not directed at you.

> bends over and looks for a pickle :confused:

BA - sounds like you are down to the last part of the negotiations and did quite well.

Life is short - the quicker you get her home the happier you will be :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's not a bad deal. If it's the spec you want, it's a great deal. Once you start driving it, any reservations will be forgotten as you put the car thru its paces. It really is amazing! Good luck and welcome!

·
OWNER
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. The last numbers are as follows: $226,900 for the mp4 and $250,000 for my 458. I'll keep you guys posted.
THANKS again.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Thanks guys. The last numbers are as follows: $226,900 for the mp4 and $250,000 for my 458. I'll keep you guys posted.
THANKS again.
Send me a pm with a link to the car and I will help you at. Have many of the recent 12C transaction prices. Your trade is tougher to figure out though.

·
Owner
277 Posts

THANKS!!!
You can buy that car now new from a dealer for 245 you decide if it makes sense to buy it used

·
OWNER
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. Where can you find these new for $245k? Any leads would be helpful. I would by new for $20k more. I know what possibly could be done in 2500 miles...LOL

·
OWNER
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Send me a pm with a link to the car and I will help you at. Have many of the recent 12C transaction prices. Your trade is tougher to figure out though.
Thanks. PM sent.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I found dealers were willing to take 40k off list on existing 2012's.

But most of them have a much lower option list - ceramics were a must have for me.

All the last 2012's have the cf air brake which is a 5k option.

My guess is Mclaren has offered incentives to move the last 2012's.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
The prices are hard to comment on.....but Inventory is definetly tight. Less cars and prices have plateaued.

Are the incentives still there? I.E. Are they any new 2012 12c's available?

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
The prices are hard to comment on.....but Inventory is definetly tight. Less cars and prices have plateaued.

Are the incentives still there? I.E. Are they any new 2012 12c's available?
A few weeks ago maybe 10 - 15 units which were going quickly.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I just bought a new 2012 at Park Place in Dallas with 272K sticker for a very, very deep discount. You might check out their remaining new inventory

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just bought a new 2012 at Park Place in Dallas with 272K sticker for a very, very deep discount. You might check out their remaining new inventory
Concur. I took delivery of lightly used 2012 from them last week. Great folks, willing to deal. Yesterday, they had 4 new 2012s, 1 2013, and 2 used 2012s. Definitely worth a look.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The collection in Miami has bunch left they will take HUGE off window with no question . Anyone looking try them . if you like contact my rep. Steve Barman great guy .

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
THANKS again.
Typical numbers used for Ferrari Depreciation: $10,000 / year deduct, so in your case $20,000, and then minus $2.00 / mile. This would be what it would be retailed for, so maybe subract another $10k for dealer profit / negotiations when he will be selling the car on his lot.

·
OWNER
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You guys are not kidding that these prices are dropping on new inventory. I found one dealer who had a $292k car and was going to deliver it to my door for $236k:eek: I found another dealer with a $291k will sell for $244k. This is going to be good.

As they always say the hunt is better than the kill!!!!!!

Thanks again for all the feedback.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts