McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
It would seem to be. If Crave Luxury isn't an official dealer though, you might want to figure out how you get it serviced. Also, I see in the listing they are OK with a pre-sale inspection. If you get to the point you're really thinking about buying the car, I'd recommend doing some digging on the forum as there are multiple threads with things to check. If Crave is near a McLaren dealership, call McLaren, and ask them to run through all the checks for the McLaren Qualified program. It might cost you some $ up front, but if they find anything, it could save you a bunch longer term.

You might also want to see what other 12c cars are available in your area, see what they are selling for, and how long they've been sitting. Sports car season is coming to an end in a fair amount of the US so you might have more leverage in dealing on the car.

-nh4.

·
Registered
807 Posts
All nh4 said, plus check the in-service date for warranty. Given the VIN it should have quite a bit more than 1 year remaining, but confirm. Also, you need to see the service records to make sure that a Mac dealer did the annual service. If you like the color, I would push to get it for $200K. One downside is the penis wheels. Once you see that they are penis wheels, you can't "un-see" it. :)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
It is within 10 grand of a "good deal." Now if the Iris system has been updated to the new unit, and you like the color. Then go for it. Would be curious how much, and what brand of clear film has been applied to the car.

·
Registered
323 Posts
That's almost my exact spec, but I don't have carbon diffuser/splitter, nor engine bay panels, or the alcantra inserts. That VIN is within 7 of mine, so it was probably a Jan/Feb 2012 delivery. Seems pretty reasonable to me, especially since I paid MSRP :-(

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Also - car has been on sale at that site for 6+ months!;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All nh4 said, plus check the in-service date for warranty. Given the VIN it should have quite a bit more than 1 year remaining, but confirm. Also, you need to see the service records to make sure that a Mac dealer did the annual service. If you like the color, I would push to get it for $200K. One downside is the penis wheels. Once you see that they are penis wheels, you can't "un-see" it. :)
Ahh SHIT! You had to mention that! LOL!!!!

·
Vendor
17 Posts
One downside is the penis wheels. Once you see that they are penis wheels, you can't "un-see" it. :)
Now I know why my wife was drooling over this one !!

D.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for all the heads up.. Going to pick her up in the morning. Finalized the deal for $202K.

This site reminds me of the NSX Prime website when I had one... Good community

·
Registered
807 Posts
Congrats man, that's a really awesome spec. Love the Volcano orange and stealth. From a technical standpoint (weight really), the wheels are definitely better than the standard ones. Interested to hear how many miles you put on it. I did about 600 the first weekend I had mine, and have done 1200 in the one month that I've had it. I find that I really don't want to drive anything else. Stark difference to the Vantage I traded in...7000 miles in 4 years. Just not that much fun to drive. For music, you should consider a USB flash drive. I got the Transcend 256GB one at the suggestion of someone on this forum (can't remember who), and it's awesome. Use the highest bit rate you can though, the Meridian system doesn't like low bit rates and the sound quality is pretty bad with anything less than full redbook CD bit rates.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This car is insane... I had a grin ear to ear driving this home.... Is there a way to find out if anyone is in Sugar Land or Houston on this forum?

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
This car is insane... I had a grin ear to ear driving this home.... Is there a way to find out if anyone is in Sugar Land or Houston on this forum?
There are definitely some folks here from the People's Republic of Texas. :D Some users have their location under their usernames in posts. You might be able to use the search option to narrow it down, or you could start a thread in the "New Member" or "McLaren Lounge" section asking for a show of hands.

-nh4.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts