McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like I can acquire a new 2012 coupe for 220ish due to the market being depressed however a new 2013 spider is 320ish since they are not discounting yet....I really want a convertible but 100K more? What do you guys say, is it worth it or wait a year and hopefully it will be down to 260-270?

·
Registered
239 Posts
A question only you can answer. I dont care about an open car enough and the spider is a bit heavier, so I actually prefer the coupe, but then again I have other open cars to drive if I need wind in my hair.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
A question only you can answer. I dont care about an open car enough and the spider is a bit heavier, so I actually prefer the coupe, but then again I have other open cars to drive if I need wid in my hair.
Best alter that kverges,did you know wid in some countries is wee :eek:

Enjoy the coupe as its had the biggest chunk of depreciation,then trade up in a year or so to a spider that has done the same :)

·
Registered
551 Posts
It's all so subjective hey. I have a convertible for those rare days of sunshine. For me the mclaren is not a cruising car and therefore prefer the coup.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I thought about ordering the Spider but it's too much of a gamble.

Went with the coupe - believe there was a price increase for 2013.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I'd be more concerned about the depreciation than the price difference. The actual cost is only determined when you sell it.

I've been watching prices for a while now since I've had the McLaren itch, and I don't think I'd want to buy a spider right away based on the depreciation of the couple. If you'e weighing whether or not it's worth $100K more, you should know that it could quite possible depreciate just as hard as the coupe within a year.

If you want a McLaren but ultimately want a spider, I'd just scoop up one of the cheaper 12C coupes you can find and see where the spiders settle after a year. That way you have a 12C to drive in the meantime and don't risk getting crushed with depreciation should it occur.

Personally, I think it will and I can't really see a reason why it wouldn't.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Question is where will the current crop of 2012 coupes be in 1 year from now. I mean I can get a new coupe, 280k car for 230k or a used for 220ish. Question is whether they will stabilize which we all would like to believe or will the follow the aston Martin DBS/vanquish route and be 195 cars next year which would mean dealers only giving you 180 and hence you lose almost 50k even buying at depressed levels now??

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Question is where will the current crop of 2012 coupes be in 1 year from now. I mean I can get a new coupe, 280k car for 230k or a used for 220ish. Question is whether they will stabilize which we all would like to believe or will the follow the aston Martin DBS/vanquish route and be 195 cars next year which would mean dealers only giving you 180 and hence you lose almost 50k even buying at depressed levels now??
No one can answer that,except the reviews are getting better all the time with magazines now having been given long term testers,and lap times are set to drop also this season with the 10.2 platform,so its more likley that the coupe will firm up and the gap will become smaller,imo.Plus the P1 will help as all halo cars do,and that will shock the automotive world by september and want more people to join the brand !!
Plus when you say you have a Mclaren,people want to talk to you,they dont already have an opinion about what you are ;)

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
I personally don't believe that the spider will depreciate as much as the coupe did, simply cos there won't be as much speculation involved... I would wager there are less spiders at their point in production cycle than there were coupes...
whether the coupe then appreciates we can only hope, but I wonder whether potential buyers will chase them higher... I doubt it unfortunately..
who knows though... we may have a p1 at the later season track days this year......

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I just jumped in and feel comfortable in suggesting now is the time.

Most if not all Spider owners dropped their coupe off and said get it sold.

The free update is huge - the coupes that are priced low are moving fast which shows prices are stabilized and will move slightly north especially with 13's having a price increase and much lower production numbers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts