McLaren Life banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or just less tactile? It's still mentioned in the 2013 manual. Try putting some slight pressure on the paddle before actuating it, in normal mode, and see that the shift is more immediate. In any case, seamless-ness is favored over immediate response.

·
Andymlow
255 Posts
Yeah, I have the same question. Just got a 2012 VIN 1115 and I'm not able to feel anything but a nl actuation. I see W. Mitty with a 2013 mentioned it. What gives?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yeah, I have the same question. Just got a 2012 VIN 1115 and I'm not able to feel anything but a nl actuation. I see W. Mitty with a 2013 mentioned it. What gives?
Still there in my 2013, but certainly NOT tactile.As noted, it is referenced in the 13 owner's manual, and most certainly felt when used in comparison to a straight paddle pull. It's the only way I shift now. Becomes second nature after awhile. Drove my 12c to the office this morning as a Friday reward and was tempted to play hooky and keep driving. :)

·
AliB
51 Posts
Or just less tactile? It's still mentioned in the 2013 manual. Try putting some slight pressure on the paddle before actuating it, in normal mode, and see that the shift is more immediate. In any case, seamless-ness is favored over immediate response.
I may still be in there, but in the opinion of a few Pro-drivers (who should be in the know and will remain nameless here) Pre-cog is a little like "heal and toe-ing" - If you know how to do it makes for quicker drive of an old manual gearbox; if you don't, it will be slower so don't bother" ;)
Pull either paddle in track mode and by the time you have pulled it, it will be far quicker than any of us mere mortal's thought processing to do the pre-cog action.
Keep on trying and having fun!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts