McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the upgrade ive noticed my drivers door temp readout fades after a few secounds,to a point where i cannot read it !! It comes back on every time i move one of the dails,but fades after a couple of seconds.
Is this an energy saving program,or just the door slamming taking its toll,not good as the passenger door is not doing the same :(

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Andy, you need to up the pace then you won't notice...........yes mine do the same.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
After 18 months you think i would have noticed!!! Or am i just looking for things to go wrong:eek: Spent enough time in porsches wondering what the next sound would be,and we all know they are bomb proof!!.I would be in the funny farm by now if i had gone the italian route;)

Just an update on my stupidity,it doesnt fade during daytime driving!!!!! I left for work this mornng in the dark,duh!!!

·
Registered
862 Posts
From what I read, I suspect a lot of us obsess about where the unusual noise may be coming from or what the next problem will be. I've got an unidentified rattle above 4000 rpm at the moment and it's driving me nuts.

I did originally think that there was an issue with the temp readout on my driver side, I can always see the passenger side but often not the driver side .... turns out to be due to the polarised lenses in my sunglasses. So glad I worked that out myself rather than ranting to the dealer about it.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what I read, I suspect a lot of us obsess about where the unusual noise may be coming from or what the next problem will be. I've got an unidentified rattle above 4000 rpm at the moment and it's driving me nuts.

I did originally think that there was an issue with the temp readout on my driver side, I can always see the passenger side but often not the driver side .... turns out to be due to the polarised lenses in my sunglasses. So glad I worked that out myself rather than ranting to the dealer about it.
We can make a fool out of ourselves here,before we get serious,thats one of the big advantages of an owners forum! :D

·
Registered
862 Posts
Yeah, when I was new to this I would often think "why not ask the dealer?"

I now know why .... and, of course, there is often more info here than the dealer seems to know .... keep it up.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Andy, have you noticed when cornering hard the heater temperature numbers 'lean' into the corner.....only does it in the daytime, honest.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm still on v9, and mine has done this (dim the temp displays) since the day I picked her up,

·
Registered
119 Posts
Both of my temp readouts had significantly faded over the months. They weren't very readable anymore (after the auto-fade) so I pointed it out to the dealer and they replaced them while my car was in for the upgrade (I think it required them to replace the whole CF panel). The difference was pretty substantial when I got it back. Don't know if you're noticing the same, though.

John

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Both of my temp readouts had significantly faded over the months. They weren't very readable anymore (after the auto-fade) so I pointed it out to the dealer and they replaced them while my car was in for the upgrade (I think it required them to replace the whole CF panel). The difference was pretty substantial when I got it back. Don't know if you're noticing the same, though.

John
Thanks John,they vary so much its confusing,sometimes bright and sometimes unreadable until i turn the dial,i think i will point it out next time she is in.

·
Smitten
285 Posts
I've got an unidentified rattle above 4000 rpm at the moment and it's driving me nuts.
Oooh, me too. Mine's coming from somewhere over the passenger side. Either under seat or in passenger door somewhere. She's going in for her upgrade on the 15th and I've asked them to have a look for it so will keep posted.

·
Registered
313 Posts
No rattles, but I sometimes get a high pitched whistle in my right ear (not tinnitus) which I thought was the window not closing, but the window was shut and the sound occurs from rest (right hand drive car, of course). This sometimes is there and slightly more often is not!
We also had a noise like a twig in a bicycle spoke from the left rear wheel arch area at over 140 mph (we were at Snetterton, not in the village). The fuel flap kept coming up, and I thought it was that, and taped it down, but as soon as we got to 150 mph, back it came. The dealer replaced the flap, and said there was some loose CF in the engine bay. All was fixed anyway, no recurrence below 170, haven't tried above that! The noise didn't slow me down, anyway.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I'm pleased to report that the dealer has fixed my unidentified rattle ... They removed the lower engine cover and got rid of the stones that were in there. I was very dubious when they said this was the cause but it has definitely worked, just exhaust and induction noise above 4000 rpm now .... spine tingling!

Not sure where the stones came from, I've not been near any gravel traps. :)

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I get stones entering via the turning vanes, surprising number, often tar covered.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I get stones entering via the turning vanes, surprising number, often tar covered.
Ric,do you think they can work there way on to the bottom of the engine cover? Not had a good look but it seems quite tight around there ??

1 - 20 of 86 Posts