McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking in to see if anyone else is expecting their allocation relatively soon, before the end of year? I should have delivery by the 1st or 2nd week of November.

Looking forward to hearing other’s personal reviews and experience once their car has been delivered.

Mine is basically the same as this spec. Couple interior differences color and seat wise but mostly the same.

1B5CD017-C0AE-4C49-A1D9-05EECE50CC53.jpeg
8EEE7A3A-BC52-45CB-9D72-15D5A7DB43A0.jpeg

·
Registered
645 Posts
So fucking
Hot!

2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m due in mid-December. Supposedly off the assembly line on 11/9.
Ok great, so if your car is “FOK” 11/9 it should be with you by mid to late December for sure. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you’ve gotten seat time.
we have some events coming up in the new year so I’ll have some professional video coming from Cape Canaveral on the proving grounds.

2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My car arrives here (Canada) late this month.
Fantastic, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the car. Mine should be here around the same time. The good thing is that my dealer is fairly close so I’ll receive it directly after the PDI is done.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Have you gone with the visual CF splitter rear bumper etc ?

IMO this colour combo is the best - love it

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes, carbon exterior packs 1 & 2 with carbon diffuser and aero bridges. So gloss black on the top and full carbon on everything else. Interior carbon 1 & 2.
That is EXACTLY how I approached the carbon options. I also added the Carbon Fiber Front Air Intakes ($2,860).

Overall, my spec is nearly the same as the Euro launch version. Chicane Effect, Nardo Orange Calipers, Senna Seats, Burnt Orange Interior, no charge carbon fender louvres, etc. Here are the complete details.

$358,000 - Base MSRP
$4,050 - Transport
$5,430 - Elite Paint - Chicane Effect
$24,140 - Exterior Carbon Fiber Pack 2
$9,410 - Carbon Diffuser
$1,820 - Stealth Pack
$2,860 - Carbon Fiber Front Air intakes
$12,370 - MSO Rear Carbon Aero Bridge
$7,580 - Super Lightweight Carbon Fiber Racing Seats (Touring)
$3,030 - Alcantara with Black Stitching
$8,470 - Double Glazed Engine Window
$2,820 - Carbon Fiber Secondary Interior Components
$390 - Homelink
$3,370 - Carbon Sill
$1,740 - 360 Degree Park Assist
$1,700 - McLaren Track Telemetry with Lap Function and Three Cameras
$260 - Lithium Ion Charger
$700 - Branded Car Cover
$480 - MSO Defined Key Color - Chicane Effect

$448,620

And this video series is what put me over the edge...

·
2012 MP4-12C
674 Posts
I guess I am in the minority, but I passed on the full Ext. CF pack 2 because I felt that the lower rear bumper with the hexagon cutouts looked too busy with the CF. I spec'ed all of the other parts in CF, but left the lower bumper in palladium. If it is too "painted" looking in the flesh, I was going to wrap the hexagon cutout areas in matte black to match the cutouts above.

·
Registered
503 Posts
That is EXACTLY how I approached the carbon options. I also added the Carbon Fiber Front Air Intakes ($2,860).

Overall, my spec is nearly the same as the Euro launch version. Chicane Effect, Nardo Orange Calipers, Senna Seats, Burnt Orange Interior, no charge carbon fender louvres, etc. Here are the complete details.

$358,000 - Base MSRP
$4,050 - Transport
$5,430 - Elite Paint - Chicane Effect
$24,140 - Exterior Carbon Fiber Pack 2
$9,410 - Carbon Diffuser
$1,820 - Stealth Pack
$2,860 - Carbon Fiber Front Air intakes
$12,370 - MSO Rear Carbon Aero Bridge
$7,580 - Super Lightweight Carbon Fiber Racing Seats (Touring)
$3,030 - Alcantara with Black Stitching
$8,470 - Double Glazed Engine Window
$2,820 - Carbon Fiber Secondary Interior Components
$390 - Homelink
$3,370 - Carbon Sill
$1,740 - 360 Degree Park Assist
$1,700 - McLaren Track Telemetry with Lap Function and Three Cameras
$260 - Lithium Ion Charger
$700 - Branded Car Cover
$480 - MSO Defined Key Color - Chicane Effect

$448,620

And this video series is what put me over the edge...

That video has a lot to answer for I too have gone Chicane effect with the orange :cool:

·
Registered
503 Posts
I guess I am in the minority, but I passed on the full Ext. CF pack 2 because I felt that the lower rear bumper with the hexagon cutouts looked too busy with the CF. I spec'ed all of the other parts in CF, but left the lower bumper in palladium. If it is too "painted" looking in the flesh, I was going to wrap the hexagon cutout areas in matte black to match the cutouts above.
There are no wrong choices really are there :)

I went for the MSO Black Pack as couldn't justify the price of having all the existing CF made into visual CF, my man maths needed to see a weight saving for that one so the gloss black will give it a nice homogenous look for me.

·
2012 MP4-12C
674 Posts
There are no wrong choices really are there :)

I went for the MSO Black Pack as couldn't justify the price of having all the existing CF made into visual CF, my man maths needed to see a weight saving for that one so the gloss black will give it a nice homogenous look for me.
Fair enough. I love visual CF and plan to keep the car at least until the next LT comes around. From that perspective, I can justify the extra cost of the visual CF since I will have many years to enjoy it!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts