McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like a 720s and wanted it to be not flashy. I know in a bright color it is extremely flashy, if I got it in black, will it grab much less attention, which is my hope? Thanks.

·
570S Silica White
730 Posts
I hate to say it, but a 720S in any color is going to be an attention-getter. Black less so than orange? Sure, I suppose, but even in black it's going to draw eyeballs like you won't believe.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
dark blue, silver and grey are probably the not so flashy choices - I find a darker blue is very good looking on the 720s ... black cars in my opinion have sometimes sth. sinister in their looks and therefore grab more attention esp if combined with red

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got mine in storm gray. Up close it attracts a lot of attention. From a distance not nearly as much attention as say a yellow Lamborghini I rented, or a red Ferrari. That is nice in terms of having fewer folks with their cell phones out as you pass them. I'm happy with the gray as I bought mine to drive, which is otherwise difficult when everyone is taking videos and pictures of every transgression that you make :) sometimes I think Memphis Red would be a good compromise choice with some color that I sometimes wish I had.
I recommend seeing some in person before making a decision.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Camo? Someone photoshop?

Klingon cloaking device.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I got bored of my silver and switched to Paris blue. Last time I will worry about what others think and just get what I like.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have an Abyss black 720s. Had a volcano red 650s. Is the 720s less flashy than the 650s? Maybe a bit less flashy than a yellow or one of the oranges, but I think you’re lying to yourself if you think one of these cars isn’t extraordinarily flashy. Maybe not as bright but it doesn’t seem that flashiness a derivative of color

·
Registered
288 Posts
I got Blade Silver to temper the flashiness and up the sophistication, but as has been said these are a people magnet car whatever the colour. They look mega in black but maybe miss out on all the curves somewhat. Storm Grey (above) is a great colour (had that on my 570) but as we all know these cars are super attractive to attention in all colours :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the same concerns. I think a less flashy color will not draw less attention but it does say something, less of an FU kinda thing? I wrestle with this decision. I do like darker blues, dark Sarthe gray, that Azores Orange is appealing to me if I was to "go flashy". Tough Decision.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Honestly, I see white as the least noticeable. Look out in any public parking lot. Black, white, grey. What people have who do not want any attention, slip through life unnoticed.

To really disappear at a stoplight, a white SUV

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Honestly, I see white as the least noticeable. Look out in any public parking lot. Black, white, grey. What people have who do not want any attention, slip through life unnoticed.

To really disappear at a stoplight, a white SUV

To me white sports cars are very noticeable ... only behind those neon color ones (lime green, orange, light blue, yellow etc) ...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Obviously the louder colors draw more eyes from far away because of the color itself. But the cars are incredibly flashy. I get more attention in the black 650S than black Huracan...but any exotic car, even in black or gray or dark blue does draw an insane amount of attention. Especially when you open the door. Be prepared. I never seen something that instantly draws the attention of women and children like these damn doors lol.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Obviously the louder colors draw more eyes from far away because of the color itself. But the cars are incredibly flashy. I get more attention in the black 650S than black Huracan...but any exotic car, even in black or gray or dark blue does draw an insane amount of attention. Especially when you open the door. Be prepared. I never seen something that instantly draws the attention of women and children like these damn doors lol.
I guess you never ran around the business district of any larger Asian city with a hand truck full of champagne bottles ... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ...had to do that once in an internship some 15 years ago ... that is a LOT of attention from women ...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone. Last concern, those who own a Mclaren, what are peoples reactions, do people take the car well or do they view it as a giant FU? Thanks.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Thanks everyone. Last concern, those who own a Mclaren, what are peoples reactions, do people take the car well or do they view it as a giant FU? Thanks.
If your not an ass when interacting with people no one gives a FU. Any super car will give the same reactions if you don’t act appropriately.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
very good reaction so far ... not one negative reaction in one year of ownership, only smiles and thumps up and genuine interest in the car so far ... this is very different from how many ppl I know receive their Ferrari or Lamborghini ownership experiences here in Germany, where these cars are often seen as negative "show off item" in some chases by general public related to red light money and crime ...

·
Registered
78 Posts
A lot of shock and surprise and questions. Never had a negative experience. Everyone seems to universally love it. People who know what it is respect that you purchased a performance machine vs a name (even though Lambo and Ferrari are both amazing performance machines but some people look at those brands as snobby). It just seems like everyone loves the McLaren but most have no idea what it is. They just know it looks awesome and is probably very fast. Overall it’s all positive though and if someone is going to hate on you, they would hate on you the same way if you had an AMG GTS, Bentley, Aston, or any other “Expensive” car.
its a great owner experience.

However if you truly want very little attention, get a 911 Turbo S. Nobody seemed to care when I had one. Only a few real car geeks and of course people liked it but nothing close to the McLaren.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Honestly. I think if you’re nice to people no issues. I was at a local market in my Ferrari and a kid was looking his mom said don’t touch that. I said it’s ok it will not break, and let him sit in the car and take a pic with his mom. I was in the MAC a older couple kept looking I rolled the window down at the light he said what the heck is that, and I told him he was like cool car. To me cars are meant to be shared as an experience, and I was that kid years ago looking can I see. :) Enjoy and share we’re all blessed.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts