McLaren Life banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents - just bought my lightly used 2012 Coupe. It had all upgrades done. Lovely car. Can post photos later in the week.

Only taken it for about 3 drives. On each drive, the Iris/Stereo/Nav system does crazy stuff. Sometimes it will change channels, sometimes it will mute itself, sometimes the whole system freezes and I have to reboot it. Sometimes the Nav works for a few minutes, then the whole system gets wacky and locks up.

If I reboot it by holding the large home button, it will usually reset and work for a bit, then typically (though not always) act up again.

Anyone have any similar experiences/solutions?

Thanks and all answers much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
This is not typical so probably specific to your car.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. I agree with roundincircles, your problems are not typical- software is bugging out. You should take it to the service centre and get a technician to sort it out. Anyway im sure it is a minor issue, enjoy the car!

·
Registered
103 Posts
As a matter of fact , mp4 has the Worest nav and sound system.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the same problem. It happened right after the 2013 upgrade including Navigation. Pietro at McLaren NB said they just had to reflash the software for the Iris. Haven't had an opportunity to drop it off.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
My only issue is I cannot get my Ipod Touch to be recognized. Guess I will send my Ipod touch down when my car goes back to SV and see if they can get it to be recognized.

Currently I just use the FM radio which works fine. My biggest grip still is having to turn up the volume past 50 to get any sound. I have never tried the Navigation, as all my driving has been short high speed drives.

·
Registered
103 Posts
can you imagine that you can not seaa=rch songs through the folders...
what ideat system

·
Registered
232 Posts
when all else fails...

...it makes a great Iphone (GPS) holder...

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts