McLaren Life banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on Sunday morning blast today giving the sports bikers some interference. Dry and good fun with the sun beaming down so I put the sound system on to expanded Meridian setting. Wow, what a blast and stunning clarity with detailed definition......if that is possible.

Brilliant sound now the speakers are run in and mated with the upgrade.......no better system needed for me.

I rarely use the Iris radio or music but this was a real enjoyable surprise.

Anybody views or am I just ignorant of high end audio?

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
I went on Sunday morning blast today giving the sports bikers some interference. Dry and good fun with the sun beaming down so I put the sound system on to expanded Meridian setting. Wow, what a blast and stunning clarity with detailed definition......if that is possible.

Brilliant sound now the speakers are run in and mated with the upgrade.......no better system needed for me.

I rarely use the Iris radio or music but this was a real enjoyable surprise.

Anybody views or am I just ignorant of high end audio?
What type (genre) of music were you listening to, RIC? This is a serious question. :)

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Windows closed. Music was thumpy electric anthem stuff..........you know like all my generation listen to, the Eagles.........the Who........Eric C.......OK , I admit, a little Abba.....ahhhhhhhhh.......but great sound and volume to shatter the windows.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Must be that your speakers are finally run in. Usually I notice much better bass with the windows open at least 1 inch. Also, electronic music always seems to sound better in my car, vs rock n roll or music with tightly packed mid-range frequencies.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Sweedish House sounds incredible on all my systems. No Abba for me though.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Very interesting comments and I agree on the type of music played - on a brief gallop yesterday scrolled through what I had on my stick and ended up paying with Ummagumma by PF - sounded nothing short of awful...........
Simple stuff like Ludovico Einaudi, however, plays quite well.

How many hours and what volume level is necessary to 'burn' in the speakers?

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Very interesting comments and I agree on the type of music played - on a brief gallop yesterday scrolled through what I had on my stick and ended up paying with Ummagumma by PF - sounded nothing short of awful...........
Simple stuff like Ludovico Einaudi, however, plays quite well.

Think we arrived at about 40 hours plus, and anywhere between 65 and 70 on the dial .Cant find the original thread so I could be wrong as it was probably a year ago :)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Try and get the latest Pink Floyd “Immersion Edition” versions of Dark Side and so forth, it doesn’t get better than that, especially if you get it for free via a torrent site!!

Never got Ummagumma, much preferred the studio albums like Atom Heart Mother from that era.

Personally, I don’t like any of the Meridian settings, I just keep to standard with boost on base 8 and treble 6 with rear speakers set to about 8.

Kevin, aside from Abba, pretty much concur with your musical tastes.

Am I that old - lol

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweedish House sounds incredible on all my systems. No Abba for me though.

OK, I admit I have no idea what Sweedish house is .So what is Sweedish house? Ikea is the closest I can think of!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Try and get the latest Pink Floyd “Immersion Edition” versions of Dark Side and so forth, it doesn’t get better than that, especially if you get it for free via a torrent site!!

Am I that old - lol

I'm on the case.........love the drama of Floyd.

Used to see them in the Underground Club on Tottenham Court Road when I was a springer.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I played my system at 80 but I have a 80 dB hearing loss. Then I had them running at very low settings for months as I preferred listening to the engine but 40 hours must be a good target.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I played my system at 80 but I have a 80 dB hearing loss. Then I had them running at very low settings for months as I preferred listening to the engine but 40 hours must be a good target.
Am I pleased we just talked, 80 !!!!!!! I also wouldn't have heard the indicator ;):)

·
Banned
37 Posts
hi

Dear Sir :
Good day.
Jiamparts is a certificated supplier of Alibaba and Global-Sources, with more than 8 years’ experience in turbocharger manufacturing and exporting field.
We get your information from Canton fair online, and find us in the same line of business.
1、
If our products are of your interest, please view our online catalog at http://www.turbochargerx.com/?sid=1e46e55c , updated daily. We will send you quotations once we get your specific enquiry.
Email:[email protected]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts