McLaren Life banner
141 - 160 of 183 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
There are several sellers and now I see from install comparison that there are sellers with different length wire loom that are too short and also with an outdated software that are having trouble updating. The one I bought from worked perfectly but they are now waiting for production of more.
You have everything working including A/C and all that?

· Registered
2017 570S
96 Posts
Well, received my unit tonight. Looks pretty good, but I will do something in the future to match my carbon interior! Opened up all the cabling, somewhat extensive without INSTRUCTIONS, lol! To be honest, wires are somewhat tagged, but still intimating! Hopefully when I pull the interior apart, connections will make more sense. I will follow all the previous pics and work at it the next few days.... wish me luck!

· Registered
2016 570s Volcano Yellow
11 Posts
For anybody who has installed the unit, how do you feel about the extra thickness protruding into the cabin? Does it feel visually out of place, or no problem? Does it interfere at all with knee space or anything like that? Again, thanks to all of the first adopters doing the work. And yes, per Koenig1 . . . it’s seems like a must to at least wrap the binnacle to match interior carbon.

· Premium Member
110 Posts
Well, received my unit tonight. Looks pretty good, but I will do something in the future to match my carbon interior! Opened up all the cabling, somewhat extensive without INSTRUCTIONS, lol! To be honest, wires are somewhat tagged, but still intimating! Hopefully when I pull the interior apart, connections will make more sense. I will follow all the previous pics and work at it the next few days.... wish me luck!
Hit me up if you have any questions. Your harness is probably going to be short. I’ll tell you what you have to do to lengthen.

· Premium Member
110 Posts
Finished the update on mine and the AC module worked perfectly. Install was not too bad at all after it was all finished. Definitely recomend the install.

Attachments

· Registered
2017 570S
96 Posts
Hit me up if you have any questions. Your harness is probably going to be short. I’ll tell you what you have to do to lengthen.
Hi, yes, most probably the same length. Ivan apparently 'flipped' his amp around to shorten the connector fittings. What might you have done? I will start the preliminary interior removal this am, just to get a view of things. Would like to get as much knowledge as possible before extended downtime....! thanks... side note: you are in FL, yes?, where? I winter in Fort Myers....

· Premium Member
110 Posts
Hi, yes, most probably the same length. Ivan apparently 'flipped' his amp around to shorten the connector fittings. What might you have done? I will start the preliminary interior removal this am, just to get a view of things. Would like to get as much knowledge as possible before extended downtime....! thanks... side note: you are in FL, yes?, where? I winter in Fort Myers....
I’m in miami Florida

· Registered
56 Posts
How is the stability and reliability of this unit? I have never had good experiences long term with these Android based aftermarket units - endless crashing, hangs, phone disconnects etc.
(I have used them in BMW, Audi, Porsche and Mercedes, approx 15 units in total.)

How well do they support iPhone connectivity?

· Registered
46 Posts
How is the stability and reliability of this unit? I have never had good experiences long term with these Android based aftermarket units - endless crashing, hangs, phone disconnects etc.
(I have used them in BMW, Audi, Porsche and Mercedes, approx 15 units in total.)

How well do they support iPhone connectivity?
Hellow! I have been used for 1 month aprox and any problem! Not crashed, 100% stability! I always use wireless CarPlay and YouTube. The ram memory is good!

I have pending fix the antenna for radio signal, but not have a good signal. And used scanner I have an error about antenna. I think not working the power of the antenna…. (I don’t found the correct wire)

· Registered
5,656 Posts
Hellow! I have been used for 1 month aprox and any problem! Not crashed, 100% stability! I always use wireless CarPlay and YouTube. The ram memory is good!

I have pending fix the antenna for radio signal, but not have a good signal. And used scanner I have an error about antenna. I think not working the power of the antenna…. (I don’t found the correct wire)
So you think it's missing the connection for the antenna amplifier power?

· Registered
56 Posts

OK, so not everything is plug and play? That's a shame, the last unit I installed in a BMW came with 1x intercept harness, touchscreen fakra cable and a microphone, was a very easy installation.

· Registered
292 Posts
Yes I thinking that… but radio sound but lost signal on move.
I’d say McLarens aren’t know for a good radio, 720s definitely looses radio signal more than any other car I’ve owned.

So the question is how does the replacement compare to the original? It still might be connection issue with power, but if your comparing it to other cars I wouldn’t expect it to be as good.

141 - 160 of 183 Posts