McLaren Life banner
101 - 120 of 183 Posts

· Registered
2017 570S
96 Posts
It only remained to connect this connector behind the radio. With this the air conditioner worked, seat heater etc.

the rear camera also works.

But there is a connector that I put that I can't find where it goes or maybe it's not used for my version. since everything is working View attachment 226900
Ivan, about that 'extra' connector... might that be for a forward camera. I had read somewhere that the unit would offer access to a forward camera. I really have no idea as I haven't torn my car apart yet, but would that connector be a possibility?

· Registered
46 Posts
Ivan, about that 'extra' connector... might that be for a forward camera. I had read somewhere that the unit would offer access to a forward camera. I really have no idea as I haven't torn my car apart yet, but would that connector be a possibility?
Yesterday I was talking with the vendor and this connector not is used for Mclaren 570, and is working for connect a frontal camera….

· Premium Member
110 Posts
So I started doing the install with some text chat from Ivan today. Install overall is pretty smooth but here goes the issues.

main harness that goes to the rear is too short. Almost by 18 inches. Just to make it work I had to remove the rear unit off it’ base and move it over closer to the center.

the unit itself is not recognizing the AC controls. We have tried going through all the settings and nothing .

the radio works
BT works
Rear Camera works
Phone works made and received calls

have not tried the gps

waiting for the vendor to get back to me troubleshoot

Attachments

· Registered
5,652 Posts
So I started doing the install with some text chat from Ivan today. Install overall is pretty smooth but here goes the issues.

main harness that goes to the rear is too short. Almost by 18 inches. Just to make it work I had to remove the rear unit off it’ base and move it over closer to the center.

the unit itself is not recognizing the AC controls. We have tried going through all the settings and nothing .

the radio works
BT works
Rear Camera works
Phone works made and received calls

have not tried the gps

waiting for the vendor to get back to me troubleshoot
Did you use the same vendor? I've bought several fairly expensive electronic items from China, and they're usually pretty responsive when you have problems.

· Registered
2017 570S
96 Posts
Hmm... with my unit on the way, you have me wondering what cabling I may receive. Rob20rx7, is it possible to measure the total length of cable? Ivan, same question, I know yours is now installed, any way to 'guesstimate' what length is yours? Also, does the center console have to be removed completely, or can the cabling be 'fished' through?

· Premium Member
110 Posts
Hmm... with my unit on the way, you have me wondering what cabling I may receive. Rob20rx7, is it possible to measure the total length of cable? Ivan, same question, I know yours is now installed, any way to 'guesstimate' what length is yours? Also, does the center console have to be removed completely, or can the cabling be 'fished' through?

Center console has to be removed completely. Be careful to use correct size allen tool. These bolts on the center console are very tight and will strip. Lower front panels on both side just pop out.
Center console has the usb port cover that has to be removed from from inside compartment.

I will try to measure the cable today.

· Premium Member
110 Posts
I have to say that the phone connection is not that impressive. I was using the phone with the unit and the party on the other end was having trouble hearing me. Also the sound on my end was a little broken up at times.

The radio antenna doesn’t seem to sound to well either. But that might be an OEM issue

· Registered
5,652 Posts
I have to say that the phone connection is not that impressive. I was using the phone with the unit and the party on the other end was having trouble hearing me. Also the sound on my end was a little broken up at times.

The radio antenna doesn’t seem to sound to well either. But that might be an OEM issue
Antenna booster power not connected perhaps?

· Registered
2017 570S
96 Posts
Center console has to be removed completely. Be careful to use correct size allen tool. These bolts on the center console are very tight and will strip. Lower front panels on both side just pop out.
Center console has the usb port cover that has to be removed from from inside compartment.

I will try to measure the cable today.
Thanks for that info!

· Registered
46 Posts
I don't have how to measure it since it's already installed. But I had to move the factory amp and install it in reverse to get the connector closer to the center

101 - 120 of 183 Posts