McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this normal?

When using NAV, when directions are spoken it mutes the media but does not unmute afterwards - you have to turn the volume dial to return to the previous setting.

IRIS forgets the NAV setting when you stop the car say for fuel - you have to set the destination again from the previous destinations menu option.

as above IRIS forgets the Radio setting when you stop the car.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
The new nav software and operating controls are completely different in Sister of Iris 2014 MY guise.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Every time I start the car I am getting loud radio static because IRIS has forgotten the last radio station I was on - it drives me crazy - any solution?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Is this normal?

When using NAV, when directions are spoken it mutes the media but does not unmute afterwards - you have to turn the volume dial to return to the previous setting.

IRIS forgets the NAV setting when you stop the car say for fuel - you have to set the destination again from the previous destinations menu option.

as above IRIS forgets the Radio setting when you stop the car.
Something is wrong. My Nav *pauses* my music, speaks direction information, and then unpauses the music at a constant volume.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Every time I start the car I am getting loud radio static because IRIS has forgotten the last radio station I was on - it drives me crazy - any solution?
I have exactly the same problem. I discussed in with my local service manager when I was at Pebble last week and he had not heard of that problem before. Has anyone else experienced it?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Yes.......and it is a really loud crackle......kind of wakes me up!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can the IRIS NAV system be set to fade down the music for the NAV voice. At the moment my system mutes the music completely with a large gap before & after the NAV voice and when it unmutes the music there is a distinct crackle of static. Sorry I do not have my IRIS manual to hand.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'd agree that something is wrong, I rarely use the Nav but when I do it pauses/unpauses the music.
I only have this now. Since this last update the music doesn't come back. Have to turn the knob and off it is. Starnge as this update has nothing to do with it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts