McLaren Life banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a (new to me) reset procedure. We all know you can just hold down the volume dial for 5-10 seconds to reboot IRIS. I'm not sure how this reset is different. I was told to try this when the volume dial reset doesnt work, so I presume it's like a really cold reboot.

Anyway, the process is as follows:

(A) Press and hold the IRIS mute button and perform the following actions by turning the volume control ring (B):

Right two notches
Left one notch
Right one notch
Left three notches
Right one notch

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Tried it and Space Invaders came up. Brilliant retro and fun. What a car company this is!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Here is a (new to me) reset procedure. We all know you can just hold down the volume dial for 5-10 seconds to reboot IRIS. I'm not sure how this reset is different. I was told to try this when the volume dial reset doesnt work, so I presume it's like a really cold reboot.

Anyway, the process is as follows:

(A) Press and hold the IRIS mute button and perform the following actions by turning the volume control ring (B):

Right two notches
Left one notch
Right one notch
Left three notches
Right one notch
This is funny, but is this for real?!? (C=
Funny thing, I had to call matt at mclaren philly yesterday. All of the sudden while driving, iris stopped responding. Even if I shut down the car, iris was still stuck and wouldnt go off.
I was told to hold down the round volume dial afew seconds.

Good to know that I can hold down the volume dial to reboot. Can this be done while driving as well? Sucks to have to pull over.

I asked if there was a fix for this problem, they said no, i said maybe a new iris 2.0 and chuckled (C= Doesnt hurt to ask. Unfortunately, "NO" was the answer. heheh.

lc

·
Registered
207 Posts
'Holding the volume knob down to re-boot' ....... You guys should have read your manual; it's all there!! :p
Limey,
I did, but my manual keeps falling apart the more I read. All the pages are coming apart!
I have probably half the pages loose )C=
I didnt even realize there was a reboot or had to reboot a car audio/nav system. Never had this problem in any other cars before so didnt think to look in the falling pages of a manual I have.

Also, i was in the middle of the drive when this happened. Manual is in my house. No glove compartment except for the front under the hood storage.

lc

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Calvin, holding the volume dial in will reboot. And probably what you should use in the first instance if/when IRIS locks up. And no problem doing that while you drive.

I was told the above is an even more sever reboot for when the normal volume dial reboot doesnt work. I would not recommend doing that safe-cracking sequence while driving! :)

And yes, it's for real.

·
Owner
893 Posts
Limey,
I did, but my manual keeps falling apart the more I read. All the pages are coming apart!
I didnt even realize there was a reboot or had to reboot a car audio/nav system. Never had this problem in any other cars before so didnt think to look in the falling pages of a manual I have.

Also, i was in the middle of the drive when this happened. Manual is in my house. No glove compartment except for the front under the hood storage.

lc
Calvin,
Regarding the glove compartment: There is a small clip underneath the dash (passenger's side airbag) where the (3) McLaren mini-guides slip into. :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Calvin,
Regarding the glove compartment: There is a small clip underneath the dash (passenger's side airbag) where the (3) McLaren mini-guides slip into. :)
THIS i didnt know about!. Should of read the manual (C=
thx Limey

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Limey,

lc
Actually had this problem a ton of times in my Audi S8 3 years ago.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Calvin,
I tried that.. I am clearly too stupid to do so, unless they are supposed to half hang out and flap around while driving... :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts