McLaren Life banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recieved my car back with Daughter of Iris (Doris) fitted and the Meridian sound settings have gone muffled and indistinct........I am hopeless when there are multiple choices........anybody suggest a good starting point with bass/treble etc for a clean detailed sound?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I haven't got it Kevin but, as a default, bass at around 75% and same for treble. If it has mid range then keep that about 60%. Does it not have the same meridian options then?

A man of your calibre probably digs some bass.

Got any Abba?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have I got Abba........my wife dropped the hint that Agnetha's? recent CD is very good so I sent Santa a letter on her behalf.

I tried to get to the Meridian settings and failed so reluctantly brought the 867 page instruction book into the house for some holiday reading........well I'll take a look at the index.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Have I got Abba........my wife dropped the hint that Agnetha's? recent CD is very good so I sent Santa a letter on her behalf.

I tried to get to the Meridian settings and failed so reluctantly brought the 867 page instruction book into the house for some holiday reading........well I'll take a look at the index.
Let me know RIC,I enjoy reading about the car,but sound systems just confuse me,nothing new there THEN !!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cracked it. Pages 21 to 24. I gave in and read the manual. It is very easy to set up with a great sound.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Cracked it. Pages 21 to 24. I gave in and read the manual. It is very easy to set up with a great sound.
What:eek:, even with Abba playing :p

I quite like the sound of the new system, sounds quite a bit punchier/tighter than previous.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Apologies for the thread resurrection Kev (or anyone else);
What size of DoD user manual did you get? I've got the new system now and haven't got a big book, was told it was one of the little ones under the passenger dash, but haven't looked yet....

·
Registered
964 Posts
I only got one of the smaller under the dash type books- £20 for the supply was a bit rich mind you!
Its on the Invoice :eek:

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Apologies for the thread resurrection Kev (or anyone else);
What size of DoD user manual did you get? I've got the new system now and haven't got a big book, was told it was one of the little ones under the passenger dash, but haven't looked yet....

It is small but with a lorra pages pet. Are you saying you need to visit Specsavers? If you shave those sideboards you will get your strength back.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
It is small but with a lorra pages pet. Are you saying you need to visit Specsavers? If you shave those sideboards you will get your strength back.
Ha! Fair comment, I shall check. I thought the little rack was already full of little books with no room for more.

The sides have filled right out into a winter beard now, I look like that bloke from Abba.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ha! Fair comment, I shall check. I thought the little rack was already full of little books with no room for more.

The sides have filled right out into a winter beard now, I look like that bloke from Abba.
Ha, I have gone winter beard after shaving the last one off 40 years ago. My son says everybody has a beard in London.......the girls certainly have a big choice of electric shavers in Boots.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Ha, I have gone winter beard after shaving the last one off 40 years ago. My son says everybody has a beard in London.......the girls certainly have a big choice of electric shavers in Boots.
I'd be surprised if a man like you knew girls that needed to shave RiC.

Beards are in. True.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts