McLaren Life banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

wondering if some people have found some nice additional things in the new IRIS?

Three things I did not know and which make navigating around a lot easier is:

1) Press and hold the Central button for around 2 seconds and the system will open up "most recent" apps and lets you thus easily switch back and forth from Phone, Nav or Media Player and such...

2) Press the top bar of the display, or swipe down from top to bottom anywhere, in any app, at any time, will bring up the notifications list, which, at least, will show the current song playing, and lets you pause and play right there, or quickly switch to the media player.

Swipe from bottom to top or press the bottom part when in notifications list will close the list again and return you to your last app.

3) When in the media player, to not have to look at it and have easier control, tap anywhere on the cover/title (so most of the screen basically) will pause/play. Swiping anywhere on the display from left to right will go to next song, swiping right to left will go to the previous song.

Other things I found:

The settings button will even show another settings menu while in some parts of settings. Like, in Wifi & Network settings, if you press the button again it will show extra options and details of your current connection.

In regards to installing new apps, it is hard-disabled in the unit, I think mainly because basic Parrot Asteroid apps expect Landscape and not Portrait screens, so they will not work well with it. They need to be ported to the different look and then installed by McLaren. They are trying to not have upset customers which is why for now they limited the tools I think.

More about this in the owners forum though...

·
Registered
122 Posts
the best one is just hold down the centre button and it goes off ! then just concentrate on the drive and making the noise :D

but nice tips :)

Everyday drive fast. Every moment drive as fast as one can ......

·
Registered
34 Posts
Very helpful, thanks!

I really like this new IRIS except I still can't get iPod music to automatically start playing again when the car is shut down then restarted. Not the end of the world but it is a bit inconvenient to have to go back into the menu system (and it won't remember the random setting either). Any ideas on this?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very helpful, thanks!

I really like this new IRIS except I still can't get iPod music to automatically start playing again when the car is shut down then restarted. Not the end of the world but it is a bit inconvenient to have to go back into the menu system (and it won't remember the random setting either). Any ideas on this?
Not that I can see right now..

·
Registered
71 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to see which song is playing or advance the song to the next selection while in the NAV mode?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Has anyone found out how to change the map scale whilst navigating a route and still keep it navigating?

Drives me insane just like Doris when she turned up late for a date.

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,225 Posts
Has anyone found out how to change the map scale whilst navigating a route and still keep it navigating?

Drives me insane just like Doris when she turned up late for a date.
It's not nearly as good as the old shelf, but...

1) In the upper left hand part of the screen you'll see a pause/play icon. Very small. Tap it.
2) A new screen/crappy-top-shelf will display up top showing an icon of the track you're playing, with a bigger pause/play icon to its right. Tap that pause/play icon.
3) It will now bring you back into your media player.
4) Hit next track/pause/play/whathaveyou

To get back to the nav, you can just hit the big dial/knob and hit nav.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts

1) In the upper left hand part of the screen you'll see a pause/play icon. Very small. Tap it.
2) A new screen/crappy-top-shelf will display up top showing an icon of the track you're playing, with a bigger pause/play icon to its right. Tap that pause/play icon.

Zombie, are you on the Sherberts? I nearly went out and tried this to change the map scale as I know Doris can go off at a tangent:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Kevin, this was discussed previously with Mikey... If you wipe your finger in from the left of the screen, a + and - button will appear, press which way you want to go. Unfortunately the map seems to freeze at this point, as if you're selecting a way-point, but the car cursor keeps on moving, so you may find yourself disappearing off the edge. (Not for the first time, you may say.) This is fine if you're zooming out, as there's plenty of scale to play wit, not so easy if you're zooming in....

Good luck tomorrow! Ask for a lesson at handover time..

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Naranja, I live in hope that Doris will deliver!

The Mclaren boys eyes glaze when you discuss your relationship with Doris but I am being unfair as they can switch it on and off and make it dance....

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,225 Posts
Zombie, are you on the Sherberts? I nearly went out and tried this to change the map scale as I know Doris can go off at a tangent:D:D:D
Aye sorry Ric! I must have been on something and a tad too sleepy! I *thought* I was responding to sandman's question below:

Has anyone figured out how to see which song is playing or advance the song to the next selection while in the NAV mode?
To wit, this response would have made much more sense! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts