McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Introducing myself! UPDATE PAGE 4!

Hey guys,

My name is Andy! I'm taking delivery of my 12C coupe in 2 days!
McLaren orange. My HS style front bumper should be shipped to me within the next 2 weeks as well.

Most important mod is the exhaust, but i can't really tell how they sound via YouTube.
I'm looking for something a lot louder than stock, with performance upgrades, without giving me issues on the computer of the car!

So any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Price is not much of an issue.

I don't usually mod my cars, but this one is my project car!

Other cars in my stable include

- Mercedes SL65 AMG Black Series
- Mercedes CLK63 AMG Black Series
- Mercedes SLS AMG Coupe
- Mercedes G63 AMG
- Mercedes ML63 AMG
- Ferrari F40
- 1996 Porsche Turbo
- 1967 Corvette Stingray coupe
- 1972 Jaguar E-Type

anyway, once again, my name is Andy and i'll be lingering around here for the next long while!

I will post pictures as soon as i take delivery!

Cheers!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hello Andy, welcome to the forum

I can't help you much since I won't get my car for another few months. Maybe you can help me after your delivery. Hehe.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
If you have the Inconel sports exhaust, leave it alone. It is plenty loud from outside the car. Are you ordering a SLS Black Series? Seems you like Mercedes. ;)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Welcome!
Nice stable

If I had deeper pockets I might buy a used 12C and mod the devil into it. From what I've seen of the computer quirks, even on my stock 12C, you would be wise to have local support. And a papal blessing of some sort. Wait, make that Anglican.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Welcome,and enjoy the experience,but as there are 87 others Andy;s ,you will have to be Andre ,too many Andrew;s too ;) And my mother tells me I;m unique :confused:

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Welcome to the club Andy, must say that is a nice collection of cars. That said I must agree with MPB concerning the E Type Jag that's a beaut. As for the exhaust systems there's a couple of companies you can look at Larini. AWE, Fabspeed and I know I've missed at least one other. If your looking for loud I would consider going catless you may run into check engine warnings issues. I'm a Fabspeed owner with the 300 cell catted system and love it, a little louder would have been great. Cheers....??

·
Registered
715 Posts
Welcome, I'm new as well, received my car 2weeks ago. Already have 800 miles on her. Didn't know she had iris until a week after. Ha!

The little nits in no way taint the experience for me. Although in full disclosure, my car has been virtually trouble free.

Enjoy the anticipation!

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Welcome!

Looking forward to seeing the Kodak moments - linger at will but feel free to post some driving impressions as you have some nice toys for comparisons.

Sold my G55 matte black - most ridiculous car I have ever owned and miss it dearly!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey Andy, I just noticed you're from my hometown. We must get in touch!

Cheers

·
Registered
715 Posts
Welcome!

Looking forward to seeing the Kodak moments - linger at will but feel free to post some driving impressions as you have some nice toys for comparisons.

Sold my G55 matte black - most ridiculous car I have ever owned and miss it dearly!
Damn. There's one of those matte black ones that frequents Yankee games as I do. It is truly bad ass. They are painting them with a matte black Kevlar paint now I hear.

My buggy gets special treatment at the stadium, right out front as she should be.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome to the board Andre (Andy, Andrew etc.) You know me from Luxury4play ! :) I'm the one who was asking you too many questions !! :D

DOHC

·
Registered
94 Posts
Welcome, I just got mine back after nearly three weeks at the dealer shaking it down. It is fantastic now, Nav works great, Bluetooth, I phone pairing, contact transfer faultless and the Meridian sounds great.

It is NOW everything I expected.

Keith.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

You guys can call me Dray! Thats what everyone usually calls me! (Andre is just too formal haha)

I'll post pics up as soon as i get it!

1 - 20 of 120 Posts