McLaren Life banner

Would you be interested in joining a McLaren Car Club?

• Yes, where do I sign?

Votes: 57 72.2%
  • Maybe, tell me more.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • No way!

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was hoping there was a way to break out more questions in the poll... If there is, I don't have any more time to figure it out right now!

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need to kill the thread and start again with new poll. The polling system is a bit creaky.
At this point I think I'll just let this one run for a while and base the next one off of how this one turns out...

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I thought this was the club.

;)
Fair point. I think it'd be good though to have an event every so often. You can move it around the country from year to year.

I keep getting invites to Pure McLaren events and I keep telling them, COME TO THE US and the nice man, Mark McLoughlin, keeps telling me 'soon'. He actually told me today they were planning on doing something in October at COTA but it will be pushed back to 2016. SO maybe that can be the inaugural McLaren Club of the Americas event.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fair point. I think it'd be good though to have an event every so often. You can move it around the country from year to year.

I keep getting invites to Pure McLaren events and I keep telling them, COME TO THE US and the nice man, Mark McLoughlin, keeps telling me 'soon'. He actually told me today they were planning on doing something in October at COTA but it will be pushed back to 2016. SO maybe that can be the inaugural McLaren Club of the Americas event.
Yeah, I think a plan worth considering is using McLarenLife as the platform from which we launch something more official. Just as we have the "owners" and "InnerCircle" sections today I think we could certainly have a "Club" section. It might take some work with the Site Admins to sort out logistics, but with so many McLaren-minded folks here already, it seems a natural extension.

-Jamie.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I did in the first post :D

-Jamie.
WOW captain obvious fail on my part. HAHA

We should note that MCL would / should be a corner stone of the club as that is who, what and how the club was made. Just tossing this out there as we work through things.

Currently 3 replies to questions on other thread are in the google folder.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Posting this on both threads.

Details of charter and club are done. Last steps are making some calls to dealers which will start shortly.

One items is if anyone can help register the club not in CA. Crappy anti everything makes making the club here a PAIN. Montana anyone?

·
Registered
422 Posts
OK gang recent updates.

1. I have sent request to talk to ALL the North American dealers. I ask you PLEASE contact your dealer to let them know that a email from Adam Cook, to please read to discuss the club.

2. I am in talks with 3 performance sponsors to add to the dealer network of support. Will work on more when I have time but most likley be added as club grows.

Once I know we have a few dealers and sponsors we will be on the last step to move forward with creation of the club.

·
Registered
263 Posts
There are at least 30 owners in Southern California who are interested in having a club
The dealer in Costa Mesa said they are supportive of the idea :confused:
Currently an entity called Fast Toys is putting on a track day once a month with participation by one of the local McLaren / Lambo dealers
Usually 8 to 15 McLarens show up
Also, the dealer in Costa Mesa has a car show the first Saturday each month at the dealership which is very well attended but not McLaren specific

Reactions: nh4

·
Registered
422 Posts
There are at least 30 owners in Southern California who are interested in having a club
The dealer in Costa Mesa said they are supportive of the idea :confused:
Currently an entity called Fast Toys is putting on a track day once a month with participation by one of the local McLaren / Lambo dealers
Usually 8 to 15 McLarens show up
Also, the dealer in Costa Mesa has a car show the first Saturday each month at the dealership which is very well attended but not McLaren specific
Awsome news.I have so far talked to 5 of the 15 dealers in NA. The other 10 have yet to reply to my request to chat with them.

So everyone know I am asking them to do the following:
1.) Prompt the club to owners
2.) Willing to host events and mixers for social events, car launch, and F1 race viewings
3.) 10% off parts and service (Standard from all car clubs)
4.) Assist in F1 outing to either Austin, or Canadian Grad Prix's

My hope is by end of next week I will have enough dealer and performance parts supports we can have one last chat as a forum / owners to proceed. I will set this up as a group call / presentation as not to post all house keeping items online.

Club will be a 501c3 (Standard) and have all the usual that go along with it. Once up and running, some members will need to step up to help run parts of the club as it being a 1 owner show is to much to handle.

That is all for now, keep calm and drift on ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is a Club - Mclaren F1 Owners Club, run by ex racer Ray Bellm. It organises Tours for F1's and is now organising a Tour for any Mclaren to be run in Spain on September 12-16th 2016. Its a 3 day 750 mile road Tour. Not expensive and not regimented.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There is a Club - Mclaren F1 Owners Club, run by ex racer Ray Bellm. It organises Tours for F1's and is now organising a Tour for any Mclaren to be run in Spain on September 12-16th 2016. Its a 3 day 750 mile road Tour. Not expensive and not regimented.
True but this is exclusive to owners of the P1 and F1 as far as I know. What Adam (m3dragon) and I are looking to do is for all owners and enthusiasts of McLaren.

If you'd like to know more about what we've put together thus far, please send me a PM.

-Jamie.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As an aside, if you are hooked in with the P1 / F1 owners club, we'd love to talk to you guys about joint activities and how things have gone in putting together your club.

-Jamie.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts