McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I formerly owned a MO 2012 coupe which was sold ~6 months ago for a 599 GTO (which I regretted, too big for my tastes). I didn't think I would at the time of sale, but I've started to miss it. Recently I test drove a 2013 Spider and was impressed at the subtle but important improvements that have been made. So, time to serious consider getting back into MP4-12C ownership.

One car I'm considering is a 50th anniversary Spider that will be coming in MO that has been spec'd with the MSO option Spider Gloss Black Colour Theme Stage 2. That consists of gloss black A pillars, roof, tonneau cover, engine cover, rear deck and GT3 style rear bumper graphic.

Does anyone have any real life pictures of a spider with this option? Here is a mock up of what it should look like.

Any help is much appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Haven't got experience but I reckon it will look absolutely fantastic! I looked at speccing a black roof spider and thought it looked way cool, as the coupe does with a black roof. Gt3 back end also ver very smart

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
That's going to look the BIZ Vernor,i d;ont recall seeing the A-pillars painted yet,maybe Erik will have one somewhere in his archive !

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I actually don't think a black two tone suits the 12C. I think it looks fantastic on a 458 coupe, but not anything else. The spiders, both 458 and 12c, have abrupt edges where the roof meets the body. The black roof just doesn't flow to the back very well imo.

It's kind of hard to describe what I mean, but if you look at a 458 coupe, the body kind of comes up on the side and the black roof kind of disappears under it as it extends back. On a 12c, the roof comes down and blends seamlessly into the grooves that extend to the rear deck. What this achieves, imo, is that your black roof looks like you just drew some imaginary line that happen to be the body panels and decided to paint everything within this line.

Does what I said make sense? Do you see what I'm saying?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I just don't think two tone paint suits the 12C at all. The body panels don't start and end at the right spots. Looks weird. Look at the A-pillar for example -- the black doesn't even meet the side of the car. It has a few inches of white that goes up. The 458 is a good example of what a good two tone design looks like. I know I'm being pretty negative here, but paint is one of those thing you want to get right the first time. Don't want to see you end up with a paint scheme you aren't happy with.

Here's a gallery link to pretty much your exact car from a bunch of different angles:http://www.flickr.com/photos/speedshield/sets/72157633442005400/with/8716952931/

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here are some shots of my 12C Coupe with the Black Roof and rear cover sections. I do like the contrast that it gives but the shots of the Spider look totally different due to the changed lines of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I am not a fan of the bi-color on any car. The car above looks better without the a-pillars painted. For McLaren Orange, it is such a stunning color all by itself. Get tons of compliments.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The bi-colour certainly looks better in the Coupe than on the Spider...

...or perhaps just avoid painting the A pillar and the edge trailing to the buttress.

JMHO:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts