McLaren Life banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering, how do innovations and inventions go from an idea to mass produced? I've got an idea and designs for an as yet unpatented generator that would pretty much cut off our dependence on oil by creating electric cars with unlimited range. I've contacted a large number of car companies about it but none have replied, anyone out there that can help or give pointers?

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
I'm wondering, how do innovations and inventions go from an idea to mass produced? I've got an idea and designs for an as yet unpatented generator that would pretty much cut off our dependence on oil by creating electric cars with unlimited range. I've contacted a large number of car companies about it but none have replied, anyone out there that can help or give pointers?
I can advise a book called "Crossing the Chasm" http://www.amazon.com/Crossing-Chasm-Marketing-High-Tech-Mainstream/dp/0066620023

It deals with how to market a disruptive technology to early adopters and then make the transition to the mass market ("cross the chasm"). Essentially, you need to find a beach-head, which is typically a self-referencing group of early adopters that make up a sub-segment of the market you are trying to penetrate.

Other than that, sorry I don't have any contacts at auto companies that you could ring. :(

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Thanks for the link 6th I'll check it out.
Be careful. The oil industries will buy it off you for crazy money, if you refuse, they will take you to court because you will be deemed mentally ill for not accepting the offer. I have read many reports on these types of 'new energy' there is a dark side.

I read into much what Nikola Tesla has done with unlimited free electric energy. I am sure you had checked it out, if not its definitely worth researching into, the world could had been such a different place..

·
Registered
154 Posts
Did you send it to McLaren?

·
Registered
173 Posts
i'm wondering, how do innovations and inventions go from an idea to mass produced? I've got an idea and designs for an as yet unpatented generator that would pretty much cut off our dependence on oil by creating electric cars with unlimited range. I've contacted a large number of car companies about it but none have replied, anyone out there that can help or give pointers?
sent pm

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
new energy is a dangerous place to mingle, sad but unfortunately true. Contacting companies might not be such a good idea, if you can build a working model and especially if you can patent your idea, make sure its always yours, there are countless of these type patents that had been bought and locked away

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't think I'd see this thread resurface! Thanks for the comments, I didn't think the big oil companies would be so scared of one person's ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Didn't think I'd see this thread resurface! Thanks for the comments, I didn't think the big oil companies would be so scared of one person's ideas?
Well think of the impact of $$$ it might cause for the oil industries. I know a friend who's uncle has had his water engine patents bought out by shell, insisted they are going to keep developing and refine the idea, 50 years or so later. Nothing. Just like many others.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well think of the impact of $$$ it might cause for the oil industries. I know a friend who's uncle has had his water engine patents bought out by shell, insisted they are going to keep developing and refine the idea, 50 years or so later. Nothing. Just like many others.
A lot of patent idea are stupid or impracticle, if it got dropped then in all likelyness it sucked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts