McLaren Life banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
The tires color meaning is what? Blue cold and no color (black) ready to go hard?
So in the pic bellow all cold and when all black ready to track/launch control?

And another thing, I have turned the ESC totally off (message in red) and then pressed some start icon (add to favorites).
Where can I find the favorites menu? And if I press it the car goest to ESC off with just one touch?

Thanks guys 馃槈

Registered
Hi guys!
The tires color meaning is what? Blue cold and no color (black) ready to go hard?
View attachment 209617

And another thing, I have turned the ESC totally off (message in red) and then pressed some start icon (add to favorites).
Where can I find the favorites menu? And if I press it the car goest to ESC off with just one touch?

Thanks guys 馃槈
Blue means cold ... not dangerous cold like orange but cold ... however your tire pressure seems way too high - I usually have 1,9-2,0 bar (cold at start) in mine and it gets to 2,2-2,3 when warm as recommended by my dealer ...

Reactions: taw6189

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Blue means cold ... not dangerous cold like orange but cold ... however your tire pressure seems way too high - I usually have 1,9-2,0 bar (cold at start) in mine and it gets to 2,2-2,3 when warm as recommended by my dealer ...
Really? Because in the fuel cap it says if you more than 270kmh it need to be 2.7 (they are 2.7 usually by the way).

and about the favorites question?!

Registered
Really? Because in the fuel cap it says if you more than 270kmh it need to be 2.7 (they are 2.7 usually by the way).

and about the favorites question?!
Well my dealer sets them always on the values I have (they service about 300-400 McLaren Cars annually ... they say the factory given ones are too high ... you will also get much higher values when going really fast - I have them on 2.0 now - that will usually go up to 2.2 now and 2,4-5 in summer on country roads when they get warm ... on highway the temperature automatically goes up much more and the pressure too when doing high speeds

Reactions: tekaefixe

Registered
Hi guys!
View attachment 209617

Thanks guys 馃槈
Good luck with turning the ESC off. Makes total sense. What could possibly go wrong?

Registered
McLaren 720S spider, 2020. Spark.
We always cruise at 130

Registered
Well my dealer sets them always on the values I have (they service about 300-400 McLaren Cars annually ... they say the factory given ones are too high ... you will also get much higher values when going really fast - I have them on 2.0 now - that will usually go up to 2.2 now and 2,4-5 in summer on country roads when they get warm ... on highway the temperature automatically goes up much more and the pressure too when doing high speeds
Yep, I also use those pressure as I prefer to get maximum grip for handling's, but I cannot get them over 2.7 by themselves, and therefore, the car don't let me go over 270kpm. Engine cut for two seconds and so on with warming messages etc...
So, basically, I thing you have to chose between high speed or handling 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
Yep, I also use those pressure as I prefer to get maximum grip for handling's, but I cannot get them over 2.7 by themselves, and therefore, the car don't let me go over 270kpm. Engine cut for two seconds and so on with warming messages etc...
So, basically, I thing you have to chose between high speed or handling 馃し鈥嶁檪锔
never had this problem ... I can just drive it to way over 270 without issues on highway ???

Registered
never had this problem ... I can just drive it to way over 270 without issues on highway ???
P1 pulled back on me the very first time I did a high speed run at around 160 mph. Alarms going off. Tires were cold. I was in line waiting for cars to do their runs and inching along slowly. Basically, it was the same as just being parked and then doing a launch (the tires were as cold as they could be).

I called the tech and he told me to put it in race mode and the car wouldn't hesitate and to lower the pressures to 24 psi. No issue after this. As the day went on and the surface temperatures got warmer, which caused the tires to get warmer then the car didn't hesitate in non race mode.

Registered
I like to see my front tires at 29 psi and rears around 32 (while cold) which ultimately leads to 31 and 33 ish when theyre up to temps but around 180mph the low tire pressure warning light comes on (in red!). I don't understand what im doing wrong
Edit: nevermind i realize at higher speeds one must maintain tire psi at full load specs

Registered
P1 pulled back on me the very first time I did a high speed run at around 160 mph. Alarms going off. Tires were cold. I was in line waiting for cars to do their runs and inching along slowly. Basically, it was the same as just being parked and then doing a launch (the tires were as cold as they could be).

I called the tech and he told me to put it in race mode and the car wouldn't hesitate and to lower the pressures to 24 psi. No issue after this. As the day went on and the surface temperatures got warmer, which caused the tires to get warmer then the car didn't hesitate in non race mode.
well if I do highspeed driving on the highway ... I very rarely do this (only 3-4x in 2 years) as it is really a not very pleasant thing to do, I was always in R/R and it was warm days with the car already having 20+ km to come to that strip of highway where high speed is possible

Reactions: unmac

Registered
I like to see my front tires at 29 psi and rears around 32 (while cold) which ultimately leads to 31 and 33 ish when theyre up to temps but around 180mph the low tire pressure warning light comes on (in red!). I don't understand what im doing wrong
You're not really doing anything wrong.

At lower speeds you need grip which means lower PSI but above 150 mph you need higher PSI (says so in the owner's manual). If you are going to need the higher PSI at above 150 mph then you have to sacrifice grip at lower speeds by having higher PSI for when you reach above 150 mph.

note: I don't want to encourage you as you seem to do all these high speed runs on city/back roads. Go to a road course and the spirited driving on normal road will exit out of your system.

Registered
You're not really doing anything wrong.

At lower speeds you need grip which means lower PSI but above 150 mph you need higher PSI (says so in the owner's manual). If you are going to need the higher PSI at above 150 mph then you have to sacrifice grip at lower speeds by having higher PSI for when you reach above 150 mph.

note: I don't want to encourage you as you seem to do all these high speed runs on city/back roads. Go to a road course and the spirited driving on normal road will exit out of your system.
Thank you for that analogy sir. I didn't take into account the detriment to handling using higher psi's would bring as i thought using 3 or 4 psi more would be negligible. And I appreciate the note, especially from someone who likes his fair share of adrenaline like you. I have stopped going high speeds recently, as i pass 24 i guess i found "some" sense of maturity.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts