McLaren Life banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having had several first issue cars, I have learned there is always a distinct possibility that things will need to be addressed. Therefore I seldom gripe about the small things..However, when McLaren acknowledges a problem, authorizes it to be fixed and it does not get corrected after numerous attempts..I find this very disappointing.
My car was in for the upgrade and a few items that have been in need of repair for 6 months..and dealer has attempted to remedy on 3 prior occasions. The dealer is 60 miles away and although they are more than willing to flatbed the car to service...I find it unacceptable that the little things just can't seem to get fixed.
-We took a short trip (100 miles) this weekend and iris nav was a disaster. She routed me 45 minutes out of the way and continually recalculated the route...very frustrating.
-I have had a wind noise on passenger side since I owned the car 4/12...The dealer has adjusted through the software on 3 different occasions..On this weekend's short trip, once I hit 85 mph...it sounded like the passenger window was atleast 1-2 " open...very frustrating
-My Samsung Galaxy S2 phone is not functional for music...I had to buy an Apple device just for this purpose...Considering there are more Android based smartphones in the world than Apple (by a large margin)..I would think Iris would work as well as it does with Apple devices.

Ok..that will be my first and last gripe thread. I am a huge McLaren fan but come on guys..,,enough is enough. :(

·
Registered
551 Posts
About the window. have you tried to completely open and than completely close it. Did the trick for me.

The Nav : it's frustrating I know so I use Tomtom on my iphone. i think Mclaren does it so we would more enjoy their cars and put mileage on it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
About the window. have you tried to completely open and than completely close it. Did the trick for me.

The Nav : it's frustrating I know so I use Tomtom on my iphone. i think Mclaren does it so we would more enjoy their cars and put mileage on it.
Yes...numerous attempts...thanks.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Stewart

as they say, "love is blind". I get so wound-up about aspects of the car (e.g. see my thread on the frakkin' GPS), but then hit 3000rpm and floor it and I can forgive a lot of s**t......

·
Owner
893 Posts
Texas, I feel the same. There are lots of little things to bitch about, but ..... One thing cannot be denied: The 12C is one wickedly fast ride !! :)

·
Registered
551 Posts
That's the spirit.. Floor the bl. Thing and enjoy. Still.... I'd hate as well the wind noise. Could be a cracked rubber seal. After one week of owner ship I returned the car to the workshop. Clearly said " solve the issues or it put it on fire". They did find a small crack,in the triangular window 's seal in the door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts