McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

i'm Rob and like the rest of you I am a massive McLaren fan.

like the title says I wish I'd found this forum earlier, as it looks like a great site to speak to owners and other enthusiasts like myself.

i'm currently at uni studying my Motorsports Engineering degree and one day hope to work for McLaren, so you never know one day I might be designing the cars you are buying from McLaren :)

look forward to posting on the thread and reading about your experiences and ownership through the forum.

cheers,

Rob

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Hi Rob, welcome to the forum. University eh, so what is the 'in' term these days for a car design that is wicked and or sick?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the welcome :)

I think this year i'm gonna have to be on the forum while in the pub and add that extra .0....09 to the end of that percentage :( ha

only recently started the design module, but pretty sure "Form follows function" is still widely used especially by the legend Frank Stephenson. For the 'in' term I would say the P1 is pretty sweet car haha

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Currently studying at UCLan in Preston, live in Darwen which is just outside Greater Manchester.

I don't think UCLan is well recognised for much but our engineering department is top notch, just had £1/2 million spent on new machinery this summer.

I keeps saying my posts have to be reviewed before they are posted, so apologies for slow replies :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts