McLaren Life banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my drive to work today. Beautifully cool air, refreshing respite from the heat and humidity we've been having. The car loved it, too, edgier, even punchier on the throttle. I kept the windows all the way down and took the long way to the office. Actually, I took the long way three times and contemplated not going in at all; one of those days. The Gods even rewarded me with very light traffic. To explain it would take five pages of superlatives. Just one of those days when you finally get out, look back at the car and say God damn. The overriding thought as I walked away was actually that I hope every McLaren employee gets to experience their own product that way, at least once. They deserve to.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Poetic 6th,we all have days like that in this masterpiece,just going out for the paper,i could be some time !!!:)

·
Registered
551 Posts
6th element;48714y said:
So actually you are saying you had some nav issues??

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Poetic 6th,we all have days like that in this masterpiece,just going out for the paper,i could be some time !!!:)
andy, the car was so brilliant I can't imagine ever getting rid of it. I know the next one will be better, but I may have to keep this one, too. and that was really the best reason I came up with to finally head in to work!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I hope to have these sort of experiences whilst driving soon. Not quite there yet. Glad to hear that you enjoy the car. These sort of posts keep inspiring me to work towards becoming a McLaren owner. Love the brand.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
You mean you're going out for Thursdays paper at 5.30 in the evening on Wednesday ? I like your thinking a lot...

·
Registered
715 Posts
Absolutely! I love these posts...

What a beautiful day we finally got here in the east after 2 solid weeks of hell-like conditions.

I enjoyed my day as well. Spent almost an hour at my desk then had to get out there for an early lunch that is still going on at 6 EDT.

On my second tank of gas...

ENJOY!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I am not so sure about all this - when I have to go to Lowe's for an errand and take my AMG, it takes me 5 minutes, conversely, with the MP4 its over half an hour and a quarter tank of gas - and once inside, I get all these funny looks because my face is frozen in a fresco-like grin......... :D - knowing it will take me another 45 minutes of backroad trashing, one highway on-ramp pedal to the metal stomp, to get back home; and all that just to get a new LED bulb for the backyard to save a few pennies in electricity :eek:

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am not so sure about all this - when I have to go to Lowe's for an errand and take my AMG, it takes me 5 minutes, conversely, with the MP4 its over half an hour and a quarter tank of gas - and once inside, I get all these funny looks because my face is frozen in a fresco-like grin......... :D - knowing it will take me another 45 minutes of backroad trashing, one highway on-ramp pedal to the metal stomp, to get back home; and all that just to get a new LED bulb for the backyard to save a few pennies in electricity :eek:
Heheh, it's like the $100 hamburger all over again. Except back when pilots first started saying that, you really could rent a plane (and buy a burger) for a hundred bucks, eh labeille!

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ironic anecdote from the trip back home from the office tonight, albeit a much more leisurely pace: As I contemplated my reply to andy that I might not be able to give up this car, I turned on the stereo an pressed Shuffle All. Wouldn't you know the damn thing loads Frank Sinatra, "The Best Is Yet To Come". True story.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ironic anecdote from the trip back home from the office tonight, albeit a much more leisurely pace: As I contemplated my reply to andy that I might not be able to give up this car, I turned on the stereo an pressed Shuffle All. Wouldn't you know the damn thing loads Frank Sinatra, "The Best Is Yet To Come". True story.
Sometimes it's good to tempt fate 6th, maybe Frank is pointing to the P1:)

your post was refreshing to read, by the time it took to read your impressions I felt I was riding in the passenger seat, That's what it's all about, the sound, power, how the car talks to you and best of all when it's parked and you glance back at it just to admire the curves.

Unfortunately I don't have a 12C, but I'm happy with the 458 and can empathise with what you and the gang feel, just a different toy.

enjoy!

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sometimes it's good to tempt fate 6th, maybe Frank is pointing to the P1:)

your post was refreshing to read, by the time it took to read your impressions I felt I was riding in the passenger seat, That's what it's all about, the sound, power, how the car talks to you and best of all when it's parked and you glance back at it just to admire the curves.

Unfortunately I don't have a 12C, but I'm happy with the 458 and can empathise with what you and the gang feel, just a different toy.

enjoy!
Eloquent and sincere. Cheers mate. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts