McLaren Life banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Al

I've never taken the pans off...I would assume just remove the bolts on both sides? Anything I need to be aware of? Thanks!
Just note that the bolts at the front of the pan are shorter than the rest. If you watch EMF's oil change video, he drops the pan in that video.

I removed the pans on the side of the main middle pan to access my rear lower radiators without removing the main middle pan. You have to loosen some of the bolts on the larger pan, but don't have to take that one completely off.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
label the bolts so you know where they go, there is 3 different types. Its easy aside from the sheer amount of fasteners.
Yep...noticed that when I was taking off the fender liners to do my 02 spacers...different sizes, different bolts...not exactly honda quality...haha.

·
Registered
328 Posts
The fact that the washers are not integrated is the annoying piece, they always come off and get lost...

BTW post some pics of the ducati, i miss riding my 848.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
The culprit!!! Lower radiator hose clamp on drivers side that attaches to the water pump.

·
Vendor
189 Posts

Over 150 cars supplied, working well

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I will order those now @Thorney ...my mechanic was wondering how the hell he could get to the upper clamps...they look like turbo cooling lines perhaps?

·
Vendor
189 Posts
I will order those now @Thorney ...my mechanic was wondering how the hell he could get to the upper clamps...they look like turbo cooling lines perhaps?
You a spider? It's very awkward and you loosen off a few things to get in there but its possible. Coupe is easier.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
You a spider? It's very awkward and you loosen off a few things to get in there but its possible. Coupe is easier.

yes. Spider. Also, how much pressure does the coolant system have under high demand? When we did 15 psi with the tester it leaked from the lower hose. But 11-12psi it barely dripped. Curious if you knew...I ordered that kit!

·
Registered
569 Posts
yes. Spider. Also, how much pressure does the coolant system have under high demand? When we did 15 psi with the tester it leaked from the lower hose. But 11-12psi it barely dripped. Curious if you knew...I ordered that kit!
system runs at whatever the radiator cap is rated for. 13 to 16 psi sounds about right but haven't checked.

·
Registered
26 Posts
just change all of the clips that are the same that failed. You dont have to use anything special, just clips with proper tighteners, thats it, the same goes for boost piping, I know they use proper adjusters on those as the ones they use for water pipes would just slip off under pressure anyway.. They are also known to pop off as these cars run high boost as standard.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts