McLaren Life banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you might already know this, but after 2 years I found a new easter egg on my 2019 720s Performance coupe (and suspect it does the same for every year and coupe / spyder).

When opening the door (works on either driver and passenger). When you depress the door unlatch panel physically on the door itself (not the key fob), if you hold it it will roll the window down. If you release the window will stop where you release, and if you keep it held down the window will go all the way down.

Just thought I would let others know, can't believe I hadn't done this by accident in the past 2 years, but did today and voila - the windows roll down if you hold it.

Thought I would share...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ok. Totally weird. I just tested it on my 2019, and yep, it does it.

I suspect that it is not so much an Easter Egg, but rather that when the door unlatches it runs code that is used for the 570 and other cars, where maybe it needs to roll the window down a tiny bit in prior to opening the door. So, by holding the button down, it runs that code over and over in a continuous loop. This is a total guess.

·
Registered
93 Posts
how do you guys usually open your door? when i try to swing it. up after pressing the door button, the windows start rolling down. So I usually press the button for it to pop up and then lift from the outer edge.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how do you guys usually open your door? when i try to swing it. up after pressing the door button, the windows start rolling down. So I usually press the button for it to pop up and then lift from the outer edge.
I usually just press the release button and one swift motion (removing my fingers from the release button) and the same time pulling up. My doors pretty much raise themselves once it gets started in the upward motion...

·
Registered
113 Posts
This is a feature.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought that write up was for the key fob when I read it, which also does that. I remember reading it, but didn't think it referred to the actual door activation switch. Either way, cool to find something new after 2 years of ownership :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Ahh. Finally. Now it makes sense why sometimes the window pops down a bit when i open the door. Obviously touching the pad too long every now and then. Thought it was just a McLaren personality trait that my car had.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts