McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Owner
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am toying with the idea of getting something different and also something that this 71 year old (with a not too flexible back) can get into easier. There seem to be a good number of buyers who look at our site for purchase advice. So ..... if anyone is interested in a Volcano Orange 2013 driver's car with just tasteful simple lightweight options this might be what you are looking for. This car was specced by me for 'lightness'. :)
This is a 2013 with 800 miles, no glitches, no flaws. The car does not have one crumb or fingerprint anywhere, inside or out. The car was professionally detailed and had a full paint correction done by one of the best detailers in the U.S.. On the pristine-scale: it's an 11 !!
Options: Lightweight wheels, silver calipers, car cover, mats, MSO stealth exhaust, factory orange stitching on the seats and on the steering wheel, full black leather interior. Nobody ever sat in the passenger seat, and the car has never been wet.
$225k

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Sounds like a steal, great spec and no mileage!

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Limey, you're killin' me! Your spec is pretty much my ideal. I wish I were ready to pull the trigger! Best of luck in the sale.

-nh4.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I am toying with the idea of getting something different and also something that this 71 year old (with a not too flexible back) can get into easier. There seem to be a good number of buyers who look at our site for purchase advice. So ..... if anyone is interested in a Volcano Orange 2013 driver's car with just tasteful simple lightweight options this might be what you are looking for. This car was specced by me for 'lightness'. :)
This is a 2013 with 800 miles, no glitches, no flaws. The car does not have one crumb or fingerprint anywhere, inside or out. The car was professionally detailed and had a full paint correction done by one of the best detailers in the U.S.. On the pristine-scale: it's an 11 !!
Options: Lightweight wheels, silver calipers, car cover, mats, MSO stealth exhaust, factory orange stitching on the seats and on the steering wheel, full black leather interior. Nobody ever sat in the passenger seat, and the car has never been wet.
$225k
Lovely collection ;-)

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Thanks, Andy M ....... Those were the days. God, I miss those Rootes automobiles.:)

I think they all rusted away........do you remember the underseal aftermarket stuff?

A mate of mine still has a Hillman Imp and it is tiny!

·
Owner
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Limey, you're killin' me! Your spec is pretty much my ideal. I wish I were ready to pull the trigger! Best of luck in the sale.

-nh4.
Thanks, nh4.
I've got a doctor appt. in two weeks ..... I'm trying to see if maybe a shot of cortisone will help my little affliction. And, maybe I can soldier on. It is getting in and out that makes me wince, just too much lately. Maybe it will go away? :)

·
Owner
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think they all rusted away........do you remember the underseal aftermarket stuff?

A mate of mine still has a Hillman Imp and it is tiny!
Sure I remember that underseal goop !!
The Sunbeam Alpine was the first new car I purchased (1961:eek:). In 65' I traded up for a brand new BRG Tiger. I installed a 4bbl Holly carb and the Spicer-Thornton limited slip rear, along with some other Tiger LAT Options. Now, those Tigers are quite collectible. Lord Rootes must be smiling. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Thanks, nh4.
I've got a doctor appt. in two weeks ..... I'm trying to see if maybe a shot of cortisone will help my little affliction. And, maybe I can soldier on. It is getting in and out that makes me wince, just too much lately. Maybe it will go away? :)
You'll be fine, cortisone fixes everything... It's like WD-40 for the body :D

-nh4.

·
Owner
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

-nh4.
In all my years, I've never had a cortisone shot. :)
I'm going to start playing the old Stones song "Mother's Little Helper" ("What a drag it is getting old');)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts

-nh4.
It's funny that you should mentioned WD-40 and cortisone as comparable to one another. I recall awhile back talking to a head mechanic who swore by WD-40 as his saviour for aching joints. He mentioned that he would take the stuff spray it on his sore joints rub it in and voila pain gone. So I decided to give it a try and wouldn't you know it worked, although I'm still under the impression it has more to do with all of the rubbing and friction into the joint and less with the WD-40 LMFAO??. Cheers....??

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
It's funny that you should mentioned WD-40 and cortisone as comparable to one another. I recall awhile back talking to a head mechanic who swore by WD-40 as his saviour for aching joints. He mentioned that he would take the stuff spray it on his sore joints rub it in and voila pain gone. So I decided to give it a try and wouldn't you know it worked, although I'm still under the impression it has more to do with all of the rubbing and friction into the joint and less with the WD-40 LMFAO. Cheers....
Whatever works! Better living through chemistry and British sports cars!

-nh4.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Whatever works! Better living through chemistry and British sports cars!

-nh4.
Did you here about the Olympic wheelchair athlete who was thrown out !!!
He was tested positive for WD-40.
See it does do wonders!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
Limey best of luck at the quacks office - sounds like a very well spec'd car.

It's very possible the MP4 is the cause hopefully it's not - if so no need to further deteriorate an issue even for a Mclaren.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts