McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car, this conveyance of the gods, has me completely enraptured. I am about a month in to this relationship, I still find new truths every time I drive her. She's so easy to drive fast. A light grip on the wheel, easy touch on the loud pedal and loving all that orange fill up the rear view on hard braking. My talents as a driver and a writer no where near do her justice.

Today, in sweltering heat, the windows open blasting "for those about to rock,,," grabbing a sweeping turn way too fast for a public road, unwinding and looking forward to the minivan ahead so I can again break hard and see that orange pop in the the rear view.

Not a single car I've ever owned or had a dalliance with has provided me with such exuberance.

I wish I could find a bigger period to put at the end of that sentence.

·
Registered
71 Posts
NICE! Thanks for sharing :) I can't wait to get mine... waiting until we move (bigger garage) early next year, and then it's time.

·
Registered
102 Posts
This car, this conveyance of the gods, has me completely enraptured. I am about a month in to this relationship, I still find new truths every time I drive her. She's so easy to drive fast. A light grip on the wheel, easy touch on the loud pedal and loving all that orange fill up the rear view on hard braking. My talents as a driver and a writer no where near do her justice.

Today, in sweltering heat, the windows open blasting "for those about to rock,,," grabbing a sweeping turn way too fast for a public road, unwinding and looking forward to the minivan ahead so I can again break hard and see that orange pop in the the rear view.

Not a single car I've ever owned or had a dalliance with has provided me with such exuberance.

I wish I could find a bigger period to put at the end of that sentence.
That is enthusiasm!! Its hard to write a better description of driving a car you really love! Congrats on the new affair!! May the honeymoon never end!!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
It's a dream. Pinch yourself and wake up or go for another drive. Easy choice, with you all the way.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Glad you love it. I am 2 months in and feel the same. It is nice to hear positive comments on this great
Car. I was beginning to think this Forum was all negative and have considered leaving it.

I understand that no car is perfect, believe me, I have had enough of them. I was hoping this Forum would be a little more classy than others and not have all the in thread bickering!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Glad you love it. I am 2 months in and feel the same. It is nice to hear positive comments on this great
Car. I was beginning to think this Forum was all negative and have considered leaving it.

I understand that no car is perfect, believe me, I have had enough of them. I was hoping this Forum would be a little more classy than others and not have all the in thread bickering!
That wouldn't be any fun, try Fchat then. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Finally a thread with Orange passion!

I love my Mac more everyday - today it rained and was possibly the best day of ownership!

Ksbenz - no one likes a negative atmosphere ... decided to confront it head on or I too was outta here :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've had the tranny replaced, just come back from the UK factory tour, updates completed, some custom wrapping done and just waiting for my wheels to come back from powder coaters (orange) so I am over the moon with my McLaren experience.

Mclaren dealer and corporate have been exemplary in their dealings with me. Now just got to get out and drive it. Shipping it over to LA next month for the Modball Rally.

Keith.

·
Owner
277 Posts
I've had the tranny replaced, just come back from the UK factory tour, updates completed, some custom wrapping done and just waiting for my wheels to come back from powder coaters (orange) so I am over the moon with my McLaren experience.

Mclaren dealer and corporate have been exemplary in their dealings with me. Now just got to get out and drive it. Shipping it over to LA next month for the Modball Rally.

Keith.
what LA
What Modball Rally

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Modball rally starts LA, to San Francisco to Las Vegas 22-26 Aug.
That sounds like a great time.

Another nifty story:

So the wife and I are sitting at a local restaurant having a bit to eat at the bar with the manager of the establishment. I'm a regular and know my share of the LEOs as does our host. I've made it a point to be respectful of the byways in my town as the worst thing you can get is "that rep" with the locals. My friend, the restaurant manager, is a fan of cars and due to our relationship has been seen driving several, lets say, attention getters.

Those of you keeping score at home will remember that a friend is having his nipples twisted at the local Ferrari outlet because he wants a 458 spider as his first supercar. Long=>short, he had to buy a 430 in TdeF blue for the privilege of buying the car he really wants...eventually. We get a text from a LEO friend that the coppers are looking for a "black" ferrari tearing down a nearby street. Knowing that I own a dark fezza I was alerted, as was my friend. I was in the glorious Mac that is about as far from the described vehicle as you can get so my friend told them I was in the orange car, the response was "oh we know that car when did he get it, that's a great car, who makes it, we've never seen it, etc... They ended the accolades with, nah we're looking for the "asshole in the Ferrari"

Which will forever be my ferrari friend's nom de douchebaggery...

I chuckled a bit and finished my dinner and drove home quite enjoyably at reasonable speed paying close attention to driving as smoothly as possible. Fun time.

Postscript: I called my Ferrari friend and he had just gotten home from showing off to a buddy. Obviously it was him. I explained that we all look bad for his foolishness. Hopefully it sunk in.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did I mention that I love this car? I agree that we seem to tend towards the abusive. But we are a really small sample. And a vocal lot to boot.

Nissan, Ford et al have had recalls in the several millions to fix stuff that the DOT and CPSC put guns to their heads to get recalled. Dangerous stuff. Yet every big crash of the Mac I've found, after an admittedly cursory search, has had the perpetrators walking away due to the fantastic engineering.

Yet we moan about the nav.

Perspective.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Now if we could only have separate roads with double speed limits....I could remove some of the paranoia when I drive this orange beast about town with a bit of enthusiasm.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Like Walter - I know the local po po.

They have been at my home several times - if you drive an exotic they know you and suggest you get to know them.

I frequently eat lunch where several officers go - any sandwich for them is 2.00.

Left my wallet there and it was returned to me by the po po.

Ended up taking pictures of him in the Ferrari and now it's turned into the whole squad including Captain - next is the Mclaren only one so far. :)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have yet to see an on ramp with a speed limit :)
I was just about to tap the same thing.

There's a decreasing radius beauty between 17 north and 287 south in mahwah right on the NJ/NY border.

It's gotta be a mile long if you count the approaches.

Curiously, my entire traveling life is centered on that area.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts