McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
2012 12C Coupe - VR
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HYPER800 MCLAREN 12C
by HYPERCAR DEVELOPMENT

Featured in several car shows and websites.

Over $95,000 in aftermarket modifications including

-Full Hypercar Development Hyper800 system (See www.hyperfastcars.com for info) ($42,900) - about 840 HP, 9.7s quarter mile per their website
-Brixton Forged 3-piece custom wheels (20x9 front, 21x12 rear) on 2017 Pzeros (325/25/21 rear) ($11,500)
-Custom carbon fiber MSO High Sport replica front bumper ($13000 installed and painted)
-MaCarbon custom carbon-fiber dash and HVAC components ($5000)
-Custom DCT Motorsports carbon-fiber steering wheel with custom carbon fiber paddle-shifter extensions ($3000)
-MSO carbon fiber coolant cover and engine cover ($2000)
-2-yr McLaren Extended Warranty ($9000)- expires June 2019
-McLaren IRIS-2 upgraded infotainment system ($2500)
-McLaren 2017 soft-close door latches ($2500)
-Custom sound system upgrades with Rockford Fosgate powered subwoofer and Focal tweeters ($3000)
-Full front and side Clearguard Nano SR paint protection film with Modesta high gloss paint coating ($2000)
-Photosync window tinting ($500).

Annual service up to date and full McLaren warranty extended to June 2019

In absolutely prestine, show-quality condition, this is one of the nicest 12Cs in the country and gets compliments wherever it goes. The nano-coated volcano red is unbelievably gorgeous in the sun.

With the Hyper800 system, it can pull against P1s and is so incredible to drive, yet very reliable as well due to the enhanced cooling.

Always garaged. Detailed monthly. Never tracked. Owned by a McLaren enthusiast and babied. Full service records available. All books. 2 key fobs.

Serious buyers only please. Not desperate to sell. No low ball offers please. No scammers. Test drives only for qualified buyers. High-end sports/supercar trades considered.

To recreate this car even at today’s ridiculously low 12C prices, it would cost over $220,000. Save thousands by buying this! This is not your average 12C! Sacrifice at $164,999.

Selling to get a 650.

Email [email protected] or text 619-851-3020

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
This is a lot more car than a 650. Why not just get a 650 front end? That way, you don't lose out on your Hyper build.

·
2012 12C Coupe - VR
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking about the 650/675 front-end conversion as well as I like the look, but that will cost more than a 650 Spider since 650 Spider prices are now in the $180s.

I took the car out yesterday after being gone for 2 weeks, and all I can say is HOLY SH*T! It was a religious experience! Buck-35 on a freeway on-ramp is just too easy!

I am still on the fence about selling it at all. I will only sell if the right buyer comes around at the right price. Until then, it is warranteed until June 2019, and I will continue to enjoy every minute of driving it. :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Did you consider moving the mods to your new 650S? Just curious why someone would spend so much on mods to sell shortly afterwards (especially to a car thats 95% the same).

·
2012 12C Coupe - VR
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is a lot more car than a 650. Why not just get a 650 front end? That way, you don't lose out on your Hyper build.
Are you getting a spider next? Sweet 12C by the way!
Did you consider moving the mods to your new 650S? Just curious why someone would spend so much on mods to sell shortly afterwards (especially to a car thats 95% the same).
You guys are making me want to hold onto my car even more now! :) It is so incredibly fun to drive. The mid-range torque differences really make the car come alive.

My main reasons for a 650 would be:
1) Spider - I like the hardtop convertible and rear window that goes down
2) Front lift - can't upgrade my 12C to one with a lift and I always have to be careful not to scrape
3) Front-end styling - can change this on my car but it will not increase the value at all
4) Alcantara interior

I could definitely part-out the car and move parts over, but that would make my 12C worth less to a buyer.

So... We'll see. I'm not selling unless the right buyer comes around at the right price.

It's an incredible deal at $165. It would cost over $210 to build this yourself even if you bought a beater 12C for $120 to start the build.

·
2012 12C Coupe - VR
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ron have you done any 1/2 mile events or been down the 1/4 mile with the car since all the Mods? :)
No.. This car is aching to do those events. I hope the person who buys it does take it to those events and posts some data! :)

·
2012 12C Coupe - VR
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ron, is this car warrantied by Hypercar on their work? No way McLaren will warranty the car otherwise. Good luck with the sale.
I've had lots of small things fixed under the extended warranty: air bag sensors, hydraulic accumulators, IRIS2, HVAC screens, door latches, coolant leak, etc etc. All common problems for 12Cs... All fixed under warranty. The warranty has more than paid for itself.

Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for a warranty to be voided by aftermarket modifications unless they prove the modification somehow damaged the vehicle. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus...s_Warranty_Act

Nonetheless, if you have a major drivetrain or tranny issue that can be linked to having extra power, you are correct; the warranty may not cover it.

Hypercar Development has extensive R&D into their systems and their cars have not had any drivetrain issues in over 3 yrs of testing and multiple builds they have done. I am pretty conservative myself, and I would not have done the build if I thought it would put the drivetrain at risk. These drivetrains have a lot of extra reserve. Hypercar does warranty their components and labor for 1 yr from installation; This install was done in April 2017.

·
2012 12C Coupe - VR
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good luck with that! Hyper is hyper silent when it comes to actual video vbox track testing of their builds. Speaks volumes to me as a potential customer.
Haha! Yup... Still no data! But they did post a video of one of their cars setting a top speed record (246). Highest speed every recorded in a McLaren! :)

And though there is no data, the car is absolutely incredible to drive. The mid-RPM torque gains make it so much more enjoyable. I still highly recommend the Hyper build, even if there is no Vbox data! :)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
they did post a video of one of their cars setting a top speed record (246). Highest speed every recorded in a McLaren!
Well... They might post a video like that in the future, but so far all they've posted is a closeup of a McLaren speedometer counting up to 246.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I a continually impressed with what McLaren builds, all models! McLaren puts in the extra mile to make sure their autos go the extra mile and they do it with confidence and quality and experience no one else in the industry seems to have with autos listing for under $500,000.00
Once people learn about what a McLaren really is than no other name will be placed above them or even in the same sentence.

·
2012 12C Coupe - VR
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still available. Price lowered to $160k firm or $155k firm with stock OEM wheels/tires rather than Brixtons. Took her out today. OMG! Such a joy to drive!

·
Registered
53 Posts
What is the milage? Where is the car located? I read the listing on here but may have missed it. I assume the carfax is clean with nothing reported on there. Has the 5 year service been completed?

Thank you.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts