McLaren Life banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So in my car, when I set the HVAC to "auto" and without AC engaged (during the cold), setting it to about 62-64F keeps the temperature in the cabin at about 72. If I remember correctly, I believe I keep it at around 64-67F to keep the cabin at around 72 in the summer in auto with AC option on. So basically, 64 on the dial is about 72 in the cabin. Is there a way to adjust the dial so it reflects what you want in the cabin vs, well I dunno, what the dial represents.

Also, when you turn the dial, say just one click, it can take upwards of 5-7seconds for the readout to display an update that you brought the temp setting up one degree. Anyone else notice this?

Or does everyone else's dial more accurately reflect the cabin temperature goal? Obviously not a big deal, just wondering what others are experiencing.

·
Registered
323 Posts
As far as I can tell, there is only a loose positive correlation between what the temp display says and the actual cabin temperature. Seems to be influenced by several factors, like whether you are running heat or AC, fan speed, sunny/cloudy day, etc. I just hunt for a number that feels good whenever I'm in the car. That might be 62F or 80F, or anything in between.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jim, glad it's not just me then. If I put the heat up to 67F the car is baking me. 80 and I start frying eggs! :)

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
I had mine at 18 for a comfy say 21... did seem to stay there although it was always hot to begin with for a bit... something wasn't quite right that's for sure

1 - 4 of 4 Posts