McLaren Life banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at a few hub stands however I have concerns related to fitment with my carbon brakes. To be exact the screws retaining the hat to the brake disc itself protrude past the face of the hub where the stand would attach. Simple solution to this is to install a 1/4 spacer. Have you guys had any luck with this type of stands?

Tom

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Decided to make my own, its going to be faster and cheaper. Made em fit 6 ton jack stands so I can adjust how high i want the car to sit.

Attachments

·
Vendor
34 Posts
We've utilized spacers to clear the rotor hat nuts as well as machined the Hub Mount Plates to ensure they clear rotor nuts. The latter is a much more "elegant" approach than a spacer but requires the user to mark where the rotor nuts are for us to clearance drill holes. We recently machined a set of plates for a C7 Z06 corvette for this reason. If you have any questions over Hub Stands or would like more info we'd be happy to help!

https://csmperformance.com/home/

Thanks!
Colton @ CSM Performance LLC

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Colton: these look great, quite a bit of material and operations to produce. Well worth the price. Mine are just an attempt to hold the car up for maintenance, for under 50$/pop :) I ended up making hub plates to move the stand away from the hub face. Thanks for posting

·
Vendor
34 Posts
Colton: these look great, quite a bit of material and operations to produce. Well worth the price. Mine are just an attempt to hold the car up for maintenance, for under 50$/pop :) I ended up making hub plates to move the stand away from the hub face. Thanks for posting
Thank you for the kind words. If you ever have any questions regarding Hub Stands, whether your interested in ours or not, we'd be happy to help! Just shoot us an email!

Colton

1 - 5 of 5 Posts