McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Sponsor
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HRE Introduces Flagship P1 Monoblok

HRE Series P1 line utilizes cutting-edge design, engineering and forging technology to create the newest industry standard for 1-piece performance wheels.
HRE has long been known as a performance-driven company where strength, lightness and superior engineering have forged some of the most iconic wheel designs of the past three decades. Inspired by its best selling three-piece Series S1 line, HRE has now launched a Monoblok interpretation of these three designs to create the Series P1.

The Series P1 debuts with three new models, including the 5-spoke mesh P101, the V-5 spoke P104 and the split 5-spoke P107, available in diameters ranging from 19 to 22 inches and widths from 8.5 to 13 inches.

Features include sculpted spoke geometry and lightweight pocket machining inspired by HRE’s world-record breaking motorsports division, aggressive conical profiles and spokes that extend to the wheel lip.

“I think the Series P1 highlights perfectly how HRE is able to draw on our advanced design and machining capabilities to create wheels that are not only extremely strong and lightweight but have an attention to detail and refinement that puts them in a class of their own,” said HRE President Alan Peltier.

All HRE wheels are engineered to minimize unsprung mass and rotational inertia for optimal acceleration, handling and braking performance. Each wheel is built-to-order and there are nearly infinite fitment, color and finish options available for the ultimate custom-tailored wheel buying experience.

A wide variety of applications are available including many of the most popular sports and luxury cars on the market, such as the BMW M5 and 7-Series, Porsche 911 and Panamera, Ferrari 458 Italia, McLaren MP4-12C, Tesla Model S, Audi R8 and Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG.

P104

P101

P107

·
Registered
551 Posts
Think you're on the wrong forum with these pics

·
Sponsor
936 Posts
Some critical questions for you....

What is the weight of these wheels in 19f and 20r?
Are they lighter than OEM superlight wheels?
Ball park cost if you answer the above 2 questions?
Will they accept TPMS sensors?

Key word=lighter and strong.
Otherwise, I personally have little interest. Oh and use 12c pics.

Thank you

·
Registered
316 Posts
Is there a size recommendation that will give us more rubber on the asphalt and still keep the ratio and balance. Oh by the way it's never a good idea to use a different car to model on an brand exclusive form, just saying.

·
Registered
4 Posts
From HRE ...

"Thank you for your interest in HRE Wheels. The P101 weight will be around 19lbs-23lbs per wheel. Pricing starts at $2200 per wheel in 19” and $2300 per wheel in 20” with standard finishes (including texture black). Our current build time is around 4-5 weeks. Let me know if you have any questions."

"
Yes, all of our Monoblok wheels accept the TPMS just like OEM wheels. "

·
Registered
137 Posts
Some critical questions for you....

What is the weight of these wheels in 19f and 20r?
Are they lighter than OEM superlight wheels?
Ball park cost if you answer the above 2 questions?
Will they accept TPMS sensors?

Key word=lighter and strong.
Otherwise, I personally have little interest. Oh and use 12c pics.

Thank you
we have 21" here at moment they come in at
Wheel Weights:
21"x10.0" P101 22.4lbs.
21"x10.0" P104 22.0lbs.
21"x10.0" P107 22.8lbs.
. so 19 should come in 18.5-under20lbs and 20" 20-21 with no problems. So yes they will be lighter than oem . Again weights vary from car application due to offsets and widths.

Wheels Retail again Retail is starting 19" @ 2200.00

100% oem placement for tpms .

my 12c set will arrive very shortly . :)

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Sponsor
936 Posts
Will the offsets fit flush with the fenders as shown in the link you just provided above?

What is the widest wheel in the front and rear that you recommend?

What sizes and style did you put on order and can you PLEASE weigh them before you place tires on them. I think many people would be interested in this real world data.

Thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
Had P44SC in stock size and it weighed a bit more than factory 'penis' lightweight wheel. Not sure about P101 but if it weighs more than stock superlight, then I'm going with different brand with lighter weight.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Will the offsets fit flush with the fenders as shown in the link you just provided above?

What is the widest wheel in the front and rear that you recommend?

What sizes and style did you put on order and can you PLEASE weigh them before you place tires on them. I think many people would be interested in this real world data.

Thanks

Yes they will be nice and flush , We can make them to any offset you like . I have 9.5 and 12.5
my p101 coming are those specs also . Ill post weights shortly.

·
Registered
137 Posts
okay my wheels are done
P101
IO 20x9.0 – 20.4lbs
LO 21x12.0 – 23.9lbs

So imagine if you go 19/20 ! killer ! 19" will be under 20lbs . and 20" rear will be under 22 so you are lighter than super lights :) post pictures next week

·
Sponsor
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How much do the OEM super lightweight forged wheels weigh?
The OEM Super lightweight forged wheels from McLaren are 22 lbs each.

·
Sponsor
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
McLaren Convert
397 Posts
When I read that last sentence in the brochure, I took that to mean a complete set of 4 OEM super-lightweight forged wheels are 22lbs lighter than cast standard wheels.

Doing the math, the standard cast wheels must come in at 110 lbs for all four.

If the lightweight forged wheels are 12% less than standard cast, and the difference is 13 lbs, the OEM wheels must come in at 110 lbs for all four or about 27.5 lbs per corner.

If the super lightweight forged come in at 20% less than standard cast, and the difference is 22 lbs, again, the OEM wheels must be about 110 lbs for all four, or 27.5 per corner.

This would give us:

OEM standard cast wheels at average 27.5 lbs per corner.

OEM lightweight forged at average 24.25 lbs per corner.

OEM super lightweight forged at an average of 22 lbs per corner.

Looks like the math adds up. Your P1s are looking like a great alternative!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts