McLaren Life banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yeah the Cayenne is an interesting proposition. Technically the Turbo S has a faster 0-60 and almost as much horse power. I had even considered the E-Hybrid at 416 hp. Visually it looked like the Bentayga was more roomy, but I will admit the Cayenne is much better looking. I guess technically if I am going to have a GLS 550 or AMG 63 for the kids three row I could also go with the GLE AMG 63s and save some money on Bentayga. Cayenne is a good consideration though. I have also bounced around the Rover idea as well. Tech is not as good as the others but if I was going to go the Rover route though I would probably want the lwb with the pop-out table option so I could get work done in the back while I am driven. Problem is that vehicle is around $200k so it doesn't really save me a ton. A regular Rover would be nice and still really roomy but I would probably be in that LT regret situation of kicking myself for not going for the executive option...

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have a '14 Cayenne Turbo S. - Bought a one year old in '15 (170K msrp for $110K) But, If I had to do it again I'd buy a one year old GTS at a discount. The GTS is the one to have - all the same options just a little less horsepower (nothing your going to miss) but it actually sounds better the way the exhaust is tuned in the GTS.

Save your money on the SUV and get the LT - I don't think you'll be disappointed in the least at your multi car decision. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That is good insight 17bhub. You have made a strong case for the GTS as a daily/business vehicle. For the family vehicle I think I need three rows. The GLS might stretch me with getting a LT and GTS but then again my kids are still young. I have twin 3 year old boys and and a 2 year old daughter so I want them to be safe but at $50k I could pick up a Honda Pilot or Lincoln MKT to get the job done. The other option is I saw f'it and just push my budget out, either way based on all the feedback it sounds like I can't go wrong with the LT Spider!

·
Registered
579 Posts
I would try to buy a LT.

Here in Switzerland 9 LT's are available, from the 650S only 4.
3 LT spiders are completely new, 4 with less than 650km (2 spiders, 2 coupés). What a great selection!

These cars have been on sale for a long time, they stand there as if screwed to the ground. An indication for a larger room for negotiations... ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was in the same boat as you. After considering just about every angle and spending a little time behind the wheel of the 12C, 650S and 570S it was all 650S for me. I am very happy with the decision so far!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Those who are happy in a 650S are happier in a 675LT

21 - 27 of 27 Posts